Assistance requested.....

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Gave a guy $$ for some older B&W's back in late June, cannot get a reply....paypal claim pending.....

He is in West Chester, PA, name is Chris Griffith. Anyone around this area? I have my brother in law searching public records now.....

Man, this REALLY pisses me off....

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited August 2001
    Options
    If you have the man's physical address, send a letter to the Attorney General of that state, explaining your situation and request for assistance...
  • polkster13
    polkster13 Posts: 37
    edited August 2001
    Options
    You should be able to get the address information from PayPal. I had something similar happen to me except it was a personal check and most routes available to me would cost me more than the original check so I ended up eating the loss. The check was for $427.00 which made for a very large and uncomfortable meal. I hope you have better success than me.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I have been burned before also, it really sucks. I want to go to CA and find the ****. Paypal did not help me, if the guy has the funds equal to your exchange they will freeze the money and try to get in touch with him. If they can't they will refund your money. If his account is empty, you are sol.

Good luck.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Found this...Not much..might not even be the right one...

http://www.whitepages.com/