limited back surround placement

Options
gmcjimd
gmcjimd Posts: 2
edited May 2002 in Troubleshooting
I am new to the forum so first off hello to all. my ht. consists of rt1000 fronts, cs400 center, rt600 surrounds and rt25 back surrounds. have moved to new home with smallish ht. room and have seating against back wall opp. front stage. any ideas on back surround placement? thanks in advance for any help :)
Post edited by gmcjimd on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited May 2002
    Options
    If you have your seating against the back wall you defeat the purpose of surround back.But all is not lost,small room can be worked with.Place your rt25i's behind the couch firing up twards the ceiling.Just pull the couch away from the wall an inch or 2.This works very well in situation.if this sounds wacked out,it was the first time I did it to a customers house, but....funny how good it worked.
    The rt600's for surround I would place on the sides of the couch firing slightly at the back wall, not directly at you.This will give you some space.Use an spl t set this up.
    Need more, post more.Welcome to the forum......
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gmcjimd
    gmcjimd Posts: 2
    edited May 2002
    Options
    thanks for the tips mantis,does sound odd to face rears upwards!
    set er up and i must say that it sounds pretty great.I was worried about localization from backs facing up but they blend well with the 600s. angling them slightly towards back worked great also.
    much thanks
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited May 2002
    Options
    your welcome.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.