psw450 volume, where's yours set to?

dlew308
dlew308 Posts: 530
I have mine under 1/2 way, I'm not sure if this is too low. Do most of you go loud w/ the bass? :o
Post edited by dlew308 on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited May 2002
    heres a cool trick,
    run your test tone generator in your receiver/preamp and leave it set to 0db.Then run the volume up and down to blend with the rest of the system.Where the level ends up will be different from room to room even with the same sub.Place to place in the same room will differ.
    But if you want to know where mine is set,let me go look............It's right about 11 oclock.I set it up at 85db at 0db in the receiver.My system it setup at 85db at 0db off the left main speaker.Itry to leave my mains at 0db or as close as the set up will allow.The I tailor the rest of the system to match.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • slorsbach
    slorsbach Posts: 6
    edited June 2002
    I just got a 450. I have mine set a little over half. plus on the receiver I add a few more decibals (+5) to the sub. I don't know if that makes much difference though. I like a lot of bass in my explosions and dinasour tracks. I get the bass i want, I don't really feel the vibrations in my chest i'd like but I havn't turned it up all the way yet (kind of afraid to don't know if it would damage a 450)
    -novice here
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2002
    Feeling the bass has alot to do with the room you have your sub in.If your room is on a slab,the sub has to work harder to vibrate the floor in order to send a shock wave(as I call it)to the listening position.Basements or crawl space underneath makes a big big difference in the experience.If your setup is in a basement(just like being on a slab),Its good to build a sub floor.Getting of the concrete and onto a wood floor,this is the single best improvement to make in sub performance in this type of inviroment.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.