Major Question!

On the back of a sub, theres speaker connectors...what in the heck are they for?
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• DAlba
    DAlba Posts: 124
    edited May 2002
    One reason would be for people with receivers that do not have a subwoofer output. They would run speaker wire from the receiver to the sub and then out from the sub to the main speakers. This way the sub and main speakers receive a signal.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited May 2002
    Sort of right--- It matters if it is a passive or powered sub. You just desrcibed a passive sub which is what most sattilite speaker setups use like Bose. If it is powered they are use to recieve a signal if there is not a sub rca output on the amp or reciever. Personally never had any luck with this way. In the old school days--It was also used to hook up car audio amps to decks that had no rca's outs and I found a huge lost in sound quality. IMO;)
  • jeberhart
    jeberhart Posts: 69
    edited May 2002
    There are all kinds of options for hooking up subs, and Polk provides its consumers with more than one choice. Download a manual for, say, the 450 from this site to learn more. I was confused about this when I got my 450 sub and called Polk. Described my setup (AVR 3801) and they told me I should just run sub out from the Denon, not hook up my speakers to the sub. But the way you set it up can affect bass management and performance. Email or talk to one of the Polk techs if you are concerned about what's best for your rig.