The Tiffany Rosebush

Options
George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited April 2 in Clubhouse Archives
My beautiful daughter passed in October. We decided to go and visit my sister and brother-in-law outside Tampa for Christmas, just so we wouldn't be here with all the memories and baggage during the holiday. A couple days before our departure on the 23rd of Dec, Theresa told me to go look out our bedroom window. We have a potted rosebush right there. It was piled high with snow, and the temps had been frigid. ONE pink rose refused to succumb, and was right at the top, shining brightly. I looked at Theresa and told her "I can't leave her out there like that. She's coming inside." Theresa filled me in on how the bush HAD to go dormant sooner or later, the rose WILL fall off, and that's that. Fine, she can go dormant in here. We came back from Florida, and sure enough, a lot of the bush was going yellow and the leaves were falling off. But not my girl. She was still there. Moved her over to the window that gets sun all day, and started watering her. After about a month, everything stops turning yellow, and we start to get new growth. One of the heavy-hitter oncologists where Theresa works, a Dr. Weinstein, is the ROSEMAN. Grows them, studies them, blah blah blah. "Tell George it is near impossible to get the roses to bloom indoors. New growth? yes. Roses blooming? No." Dr. Weinstein didn't know Tiff well enough. In early Feb, a bunch of rosebuds started to show up. About a hundred I'd say.

Now for a little background.......When we first found out about Tiffany and her problems at age 2 1/2, we decided to make her ours (Took me all of 5 seconds). We filed the paperwork, and the wheels slowly turned. For a couple months, everytime we had her for a weekend, we always had to bring her back cause the paperwork had not gone through yet. It sucked, but finally on 26 February 1988, Tiffany came home to HER HOUSE, and never had to leave again. So in addition to her 11 June birthday, 26 Feb was always a big day to celebrate around here. So, what do you think happened on 26 Feb 2006?
The first rose bloomed and greeted me when I got up in the morning, and there are about 10 more open now, and I'd say by Sunday, the other 90 or so will be in full bloom. That's my girl.

I have images to post of both the new bloom and the original rose which still refuses to fall off, but the wonderful system we have here for managing attachments will not let me attach them. It keeps telling me I'm not logged in or some other horseshit. Well I am logged in, and the little box says I AM able to attach things. This system sucks.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Even without the pic George, its a beautiful thing.

RT1
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited March 2006
    Options
    That is beautiful. Sounds like Dr Weinstein needs to rethink his position, Huh??? Way cool...
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'll get those images up Reel. Thanks man.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Great mental image.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    You can see the bush live and in person if you want to save on vinyl shipping Antny.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I would love to. It gives me goosebumps just thinking of it. I'll give ya a call.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2006
    Options
    George

Thanks for sharing that wonderfull story.

BTW, I was having issues also and had to hit the radial button "Remember Me" and finally the system logged me in. Have no clue why but at least it worked.

Henry
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Very cool George......I look forward to the pictures.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful George! I'll look forward to seeing the pictures.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Great tribute to your girl. God bless you buddy, you've got some great internal strength and you've got a heart of gold. Rest assured, she waits for you on the other side.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Here's what she looked like on Sunday morning.............
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Here's the original rose on Sunday morning...... Thanks for the nice words Steve. I'll find her. Make no mistake about that.
  • George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'm going to take another picture on this coming Sunday morning. She'll be in all her glory by then. Thanks Mark, Henry, Cathy, Brett, and Antny.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Very touching, thanks for sharing that with us.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Jesse, she was born on the 11th, and left us on the 17th. 11/17 is my birthday. Any questions regarding EXACTLY why she was put on this earth?
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Very beautiful story.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2006
    Options
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2006
    Options
    George, I don't have the words at this moment,,,,I thank you for sharing,God bless,you and your family.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Wow, amazing story. God bless
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • seo
    seo Posts: 305
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I have two daughters, I can't even imagine what you have gone through.

Wonderful story.

God bless George.
    Signature goes here
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Awesome. Simply AWESOME.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Bless you bubba...you know you have an open invitation if you're ever out this way.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Great story George! I feel blessed being able to read that wonderful story. I wish you and your family all the best in these difficult times.
    Carl

• George Grand
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'm going to take you up on that offer sooner or later Steve. I'm only hoping my Uncle Benny is still in Sierra Vista when I do it. This way I can drag the worlds greatest crackpot/wackjob to your home. I really miss having him within an hour or two drive. He's THAT good.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2006
    Options
    George - beautiful story! You are one special person. I'm hugging my daughters a little tighter tonight.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Beautiful!!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • rhulett
    rhulett Posts: 89
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'm not a regular here, but lurk almost everyday. I don't think I have ever read anything as touching as that. May god bless your family.
    Rob
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that with us. I'm almost in tears after reading that. Simply beautiful.
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Wow. That is beautiful. (That needs to be shared with others [the world]). My heart to you an your family.
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Roses symbolize love. What this story means to me is that love can never die, and just like the budding rose shares its beauty with the world, we, too, must share our love with others.

Great story, George.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."