Northwest Audiofest 2006

michael_w
michael_w Posts: 2,813
Yesterday (saturday) Al from RAW acoustics held the 2006 northwest audiofest at his house again. It was a blast... a few familar faces from last year and some new ones. Dave (phoneisbusy) showed up for a while too. The majority of the people there frequent diyaudio.com so the main purpose of the meet was to bring any diy stuff you've made.

I got to hear a lot of new gear, mostly new and different speakers. After hearing some actual high end electronics I quickly gained a new respect for that level of equipment. The main room had a set of tube monoblocks that were absolutly stunning. They were a pair of Wytech Parallel SE 300B's. I belive they put out about 15 watts and retail for somewhere around 10k. That setup was making every single speaker we thew at it sound great.

It's tough to comment on anything in particular just because we were swapping gear every song or two. Lots of people, lots of stuff to listen too.

I brought my voight pipes, despite not liking them at first, and for a while kept trying to put them aside because I knew they didn't sound anything like what the others did (in a bad way). Eventually nearing the end of the meet Cal finally took over and hooked them up. Everyone in the room was confused why I didn't want to bring them. They must have been running on some nice gear and just started to sound good from breaking in because they were far different from the day before. I received quite a few compliments on them, which was pretty cool.

All in all a great day (up until I got home that is :rolleyes: ).

Link to the diyaudio.com main thread talking about it and the events.
Post edited by michael_w on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited February 2006
    Excellent! What a great way to spend the day.

Is Dave as nice in person as he is here? ;)

up until I got home that is

Ouch!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2006
    and the mrs. met me at the door, in her robe, arms folded, foot tapping, hair in curlers................come on what gives!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

j/k if its a private deal then so be it.;)

Sounds like you had a great day.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2006
    Cool.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • michael_w
    edited February 2006
    and the mrs. met me at the door, in her robe, arms folded, foot tapping, hair in curlers................come on what gives!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

j/k if its a private deal then so be it.;)
    Lol I wish... nothing big, I just broke the tray on my NAD C540 :( I made a different thread on that with details and pictures....
  • michael_w
    edited February 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    Is Dave as nice in person as he is here? ;)
    Yep! He's a great guy, along with everyone else that showed up.