FS: Denon 755S dvd player(same as 1910)

Options
MSkeezer
MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I just bought this player and decided it wasn't the player for me. It's in perfect condition and comes with all accessories and original box, and packaging. I will double box for safety. If anyone is interested, reply here or send me a pm. Whichever you prefer...I'm not picky ;)

$120 shipped

Thanks and take care.

Thomas
Post edited by MSkeezer on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Might be interested, pictures?

4097286_640.jpg

Is it like that one?
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited February 2006
    Options
  • MSkeezer
    edited February 2006
    Options
    No pictures(no digital camera-wife took it), but yes Demi, it's like that one.

"Why Demi? Why you do dis to me?" :p
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Does it do SACD and DVD-A? If so, I'll take it.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Originally quoted by MSkeezer "Why Demi? Why you do dis to me?"

That line sends chills up my spine. Thanks, I'll never forget the movie.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • MSkeezer
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Sorry Shizelbs. No DVDA or SACD on this one. It does do upscaling through DVI. And it uses Burr Brown DACs.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Is there a line? PM sent.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2006
    Options
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2006
    Options
    MSkeezer wrote:
    I just bought this player and decided it wasn't the player for me.

Did you not like it? Or were there system integration issues? I ask because I really like my 1910.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • MSkeezer
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I don't hate it, but it has a few quirks. First is the layer change. SLOW. It supposedly uses a 2mb buffer to eliminate this problem, but this is slowest layer change I've ever seen in a player. The response time after pressing something on the remote could be faster, too. It's just little things like this. Picture and sound are great, of course. The image is smooth and incredibly film-like. The player makes good on its use of DCDI. Movies via optical out sound great. Again, not a bad player. Just not the one for me. I'm looking at other brands right now, namely Marantz and Cambridge.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I hope I am not holding anything up here, Thomas. I have to figure some stuff out on this one, so if someone else wants it, sell it. If it's still available later, then cool.
  • MSkeezer
    edited February 2006
    Options
    No worrys guys. I'm still waiting to hear from warlocks. SK is next in line.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2006
    Options
    MSkeezer wrote:
    First is the layer change. SLOW. It supposedly uses a 2mb buffer to eliminate this problem, but this is slowest layer change I've ever seen in a player. The response time after pressing something on the remote could be faster, too. It's just little things like this.

I see. I could care less about these issues.
    Picture and sound are great, of course. The image is smooth and incredibly film-like. The player makes good on its use of DCDI. Movies via optical out sound great.

These are the qualities I focus on.

I hope you find one that works for you.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited February 2006
    Options