Russman to host the Lone Star Bottleheads

Wardsweb
Wardsweb Posts: 903
Russman will host the next meeting of the Lone Star Bottleheads on March 18th . Check out our website for details.

http://www.wardsweb.org/LSB/
Post edited by Wardsweb on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited February 2006
    Very nice! Wish there were a similar group in this part of the country.
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 903
    edited February 2006
    Very nice! Wish there were a similar group in this part of the country.
    Start one, it's what we did. Just a couple of guys who shared an interest in audio. No dues, no requirements, it's just about having fun.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2006
    Originally Posted by Wardsweb
    Start one, it's what we did. Just a couple of guys who shared an interest in audio. No dues, no requirements, it's just about having fun.

Pretty simple. Most clubs start out this way. Have fun guys.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2006
    Damm.........almost makes me want to move to Tejas, enjoy you lucky devils.

RT1

Edit--come to think of it, dont know if we could do a Ga group, maybe, but we might be able to do a SE thing, I know for sure if I did a local thing, there would be me and well, me.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,785
    edited February 2006
    Russ......Lone Star Bottleheads? Must be a brand of beer. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2006
    I never saw this one, hence the OTHER one.

There is Lone Star, made in San Antonio - but that's rough stuff man.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2006
    *bump*

Just a reminder, the meet is this Saturday, in McKinney TX at my humble abode. All are welcome, these are low key, casual events - good music, good gear, good food, and good friends.

There will be lots of things to check out, several new items, including the XLS series speakers and sub from Onix, Dodd Audio's new battery powered tube preamp, and the usual mix of new, old, and mod.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited March 2006
    If I make it out someone's got to hold Russ down while I make away with his line arrays :-)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2006
    My new lady will be there, and she'll kick your **** if you mess with my speakers. ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited March 2006
    Gotta Love Those Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited March 2006
    "Lonestar bottleheads"

Sounds like a Texas AA meeting...WAAAAAAAA!!!!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited March 2006
    You guys have a great time!

This new offering from Gary would be reason enough to show up.................
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2006
    I am so bummed! If I wasn't taking the wife to a play Saturday night I would be there.

This sucks! Maybe one day I'll make a gathering.:(
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2006
    Stay away from me with that post count. Pure Evil.
  • cmy330go
    edited March 2006
    How about now?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2006
    cmy330go wrote:
    I am so bummed! If I wasn't taking the wife to a play Saturday night I would be there.

This sucks! Maybe one day I'll make a gathering.:(

Did you tell her you'd rather go to this instead, and she could take one of her friends who would actually enjoy it anyway? ;)
  • cmy330go
    edited March 2006
    No.....I committed to this a long time ago. Back in October.:rolleyes:

Oh Well.
    HT

2 CH
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2006
    So out of all the Dallas members, my broham Polkmaniac is going to be only one to show his mug?

That's sad. If I need to setup a folding table, and sign 8 x 10's I will guys.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited March 2006
    Russ, about what time are you looking at everyone showing up? Is this typically a 'guys only type thing?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2006
    11-12 until the beer runs out, or tubes start to spit.

There will be a few wives, girlfriends, etc, as always. Good music knows no gender.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    So out of all the Dallas members, my broham Polkmaniac is going to be only one to show his mug?

That's sad. If I need to setup a folding table, and sign 8 x 10's I will guys.

Damn, that should be enough to keep you from going... :eek:

Those of you who have never seen "Rancho de Audio" owe it to yourselves to get over there if you can.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2006
    Go, if you can, these things are a blast. I've been to many home theater meets in my area and even hosted once.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2006
    These meets are great fun...

There's always a variety of gear. Plus the Lonestar group has a hardcore bunch that are into tube designs. You often see little groups off sketching circuits.

Mostly though it ends up being about music with folks scribbling names of CD's onto a buy list.

If Russ' timing was not so good, I'd be attending this one. ;)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2006
    Pictures are up, several manufacturers showed up, we got to demo a breadboard USB DAC, Brines Acoustics Lowthers, Danny from GR research talked about and demoed the new Onix x-ls speakers and subwoofers, and Gary Dodd brought his battery powered tube preamp and a Hybex 200wpc digital amplifier.

http://lonestarbottleheads.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=20
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited March 2006
    Fun stuff! I like #12 -- looks like prep for surgery.
  • cmy330go
    edited March 2006
    I'm very jealous.:( Hope you all had a good time! (even though I'm sure ya did):rolleyes:
    HT

2 CH
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2006
    Looks like a pretty fair turnout.

What were the stars of the show?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD