This is a long shot, but here it goes anyway

Options
ND13
ND13 Posts: 7,601
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Well, now that I've been without a paycheck for 5 weeks, I have no choice but to sell something in order to pay the bills.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I'd like to state that I wouldn't be doing this if weren't a necessity and if you have a problem with it, I'm sorry. I had planned on keeping this car to give my oldest son when he came of age, but that's a long time yet and I'll find another one someday.

A bunch of you know that I've been in the car business for a long time and I can get pretty good deals on older, higher mileage cars and trucks. Well a few months back I picked up a one-owner 1994 Mustang GT with the HO 5.0 V8/5 speed. I have over $6200 in the car. I got the car for $3500 and have spent over $2700 more on it making it a very reliable car. I drove back and forth to work, daily, which is 50+ miles one-way. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

If anyone is seriously interested in it, please PM me and I'll give you my phone number and we can get into the details of what all has and hasn't been done to it. The car is in fantastic shape and I'd give it an 8 of 10 mechanically, 8 of 10 for the interior and 7 0f 10 for the exterior. It has been adult owned and operated and it shows. Never abused and bone stock, other than the NEW Flowmaster Exhaust I had installed in December. Seriously folks, this is a very solid, rust free car. It doesn't even have any rattles. I wouldn't have bought it for me and my son if it weren't.

For Polkies only, the price would be $4500. I'm listing it locally for $5500.
It's alot of car for that kind of coin and you'd be hard pressed to find one, IN THIS SHAPE, for less. There might be one with less miles, but not taken any better care of and any more reliable. I've had the car thoroughly gone through and only very minor issues remain to be done. PM me for more details.

Clean CARFAX, too.

Car has NEVER been smoked in!!!!

There are some pics of it in this thread

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13093

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13094

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13095

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13096

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13097

Delivery within 200 miles can be arranged, most likely.

One more bonus for Polkies only would be my car audio gear that hasn't been installed yet. MMC 6500s, 2 Phoenix Gold amps, and a 10" PG sub in a sealed enclosure. The car already has a Kenwood Excelon head unit.

Thanks for your consideration,

Noel
"SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
Post edited by ND13 on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I only like cars to drive, look at, and of course I used to chase women around inside them when watching submarine races. This seems like a good deal. I like Mustangs. So is this a good deal, it seems so to me, I will talk with my major financial advisor, she has been eyeing some foreign jobs at her car dealership Noel. Would you send me all the details in an e-mail.

RT1
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your situation. The car sounds awesome and I hope somone picks it up. If I was without a car right now I would very seriously consider it, as I always wanted one of those. Good luck in every way.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • ND13
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Due to this being a higher than normally priced item for our FM, I MIGHT consider partial trades. I mean PARTIAL. Say, if someone had a tube amp in the $500-700 range. I could then unload a couple of amps I have to make up the difference.
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I'm not sure how high the miles are but you mention int a few times. I just think it'll help

"can get pretty good deals on older, higher mileage cars and trucks" and
    "here might be one with less miles, but not taken any better care of and any more reliable."

but what are the actual mileage...

once again not intersted in car, just think it'll help others =)

Good luck and sorry to hear about all the unfortunate events.

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • ND13
    edited February 2006
    Options
    The car shows 159K. Drives like 40K. Has had Mobile 1 oil in it the whole time. There's just too much to mention, that's why I would rather discuss it on the phone. It also has a new clutch, so that is a non-issue.

Engine compression read 150 across all 8 cylinders. That's remarkable for any car much less a 12 year old 159k+ miler.

New..
    clutch
    harmonic balancer
    ball joints
    radiator
    ceramic brakes
    struts
    tires
    power window motors
    exhaust
    belts, hoses, thermostat
    plugs, wires, coil
    and more
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Noel,

Sorry to hear things are still tough....

Hang in there; good luck will turn your way anytime :)

As long as the wife and kids (and you) are healthy everything else pretty much can come and go.

Ricardo.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Sorry you're going through rough times, Noel. We've all been there. Just keep your head up man. Take care.

Tommy
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Sorry Noel.....

I'm thinkin' about it.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2006
    Options
    If I had even the slightest need for one I would take it but I just don't. Good luck on the sale!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • ND13
    edited February 2006
    Options
    This will be the hardest thing for me to part with, but the easiest to sell. I'd have to sell all my Audio gear to get that kind of cash and that would be a HUGE pain in the ****.
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Noel. I was in the same situation (reduction of force in Dec, 2004 before X'mas). Just hang in there, better time will come!!

-fredv-
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Noel, Sorry to hear about your situation. I wish you and your family the best in these hard times. Things will get better, keep the faith! :)
    Carl

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Nice looking Stang... sorry i don't need a car at this time. Good luck with the sale... post it for sale in some kind of Ford or Mustang forum. :)

Hope things turn around for you.. Keep strong.. things will get better.

I'll email a friend who collects Mustangs.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ND13
    edited February 2006
    Options
    If someone is interested in the car without the car gear, I'll take another $400 off the car's price to make it $4100 w/o audio or $4500 w/ audio.
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Power ball drawing for $360 million tonight, if I hit I'll take it off your hands but only if you triple the price. :)

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • ND13
    edited February 2006
    Options
    gwh wrote:
    Power ball drawing for $360 million tonight, if I hit I'll take it off your hands but only if you triple the price. :) G

DAMNIT!!!! You're one state away from where the winner was bought. You didn't happen to go into Nebraska to purchase your ticket, did ya??? :):D