For some reason...

Shizelbs
Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
...I find this tempting

http://seattle.craigslist.org/ele/131765091.html

I have no to little use for it, but something about it screams cool in our lame audio-obsessed way.

Bad **** stand up tube tester.
Post edited by Shizelbs on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2006
    "Tester works, but I don't have the manual to know exactly how. It lights up however, and tubes glow and meters indicate stuff"

meters indicate stuff...you gotta love that comment :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited February 2006
    I don't know..
    You might be able to build something that makes tubes light up and meters indicate stuff for less than $400 :)

I really don't know anything about it, but if you have no need of a tube tester- much less one that the owner isn't sure works properly- then that would seem to be a lot of money to spend. I guess the box of tubes it comes with might be worth something.

Jason
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited February 2006
    I think there is a cool factor here. If you have the extra coin you should grab it.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2006
    Very cool, my parents have told me about them, but I've never seen one.

Stories of dad trying to figure out which tube in the tv was bad, funny stuff.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2006
    That's awesome. I'm sure it still works... **** like that never goes bad :) Would love to see the wiring in the underside of that board!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2006
    It looks like the worst spiderweb of wires you've EVER seen man.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited February 2006
    heh. i read the thread before opening the link. sure enough, the image i had in my mind when i read the thread was the pic in the link. i can't remember where or when, but i saw and touched one of those when i was a youngster.

)
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2006
    Yup, "...and meters indicate stuff." is a great line. LOL...

I remember going with Dad to Olsen Electronics with a bag of TV tubes for testing. Many drugstores had testers as well.

There's a different one on ebay right now as well...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD