FS: Sony STR-DA5ES Receiver

BrentMcGhee
BrentMcGhee Posts: 548
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have for sale my Sony STR-DA5ES receiver that i have used in my secondary home theater for about 4 years now. This unit is a very impressive receiver with alot of power and extremely customizable to adjust to many room variations. Here is a link to some more in-depth specifications on this receiver http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Sony_STR_DA5ES
The unit is in perfect working order as well as cosmetic condition. I am looking for 400.00 bucks shipped. Please post here first and then pm me if interested, Thanks

receiverfront9hd.jpg

receiverback1hd.jpg
Post edited by BrentMcGhee on

Comments

• millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited February 2006
    damn Brent your cleaning out the house aint you
    anyway, good look with your sale
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • BrentMcGhee
    edited February 2006
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited February 2006
    If I can scrape up the 400 bones, I will definitely get this. Can I let you know by tomorrow afternoon? If someone else bites, obviously I wouldn't expect you to hold it for me, but I am very interested. Just have to check some funds. Thanks
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • BrentMcGhee
    edited February 2006
    Thanks Shawn... i will keep you in mind just let me know
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2006
    Yea, I'll throw SOLD on that right now....you have original box, manual and remote? You by chance offering a discount for pickup, no shipping?

Shawn is my neighbor....call me tomorrow, this thing is on lockdown. I'll PM you for payment arrangements, ready to pickup as soon as you are.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited February 2006
    Nice buy Doro! This is a very nice receiver. I like the balaced (XLR) jacks! Good power especially if your using a separate amp for the fronts.
    Carl

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2006
    It's actually not for me, it's for another forum member. I didn't want him to miss it because the Sony ES line has been one of my suggestions since we began a dialogue.
    I've owned all kinds of ES gear, including one of these previously, and I miss the AVR interface.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shawn474
    edited February 2006
    Brent,
    As much as I have tried to scrounge up the funds, I don't think it's the right time for me to spend the 400 dollars. I KNOW that I will kick myself for weeks, months and possibly years to come for a chance to own this receiver, but I just can't do it right now. If it's still available when I can get the funds, I will be all over it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......

Thanks, man.

Shawn
    Shawn
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2006
    schwarcw wrote:
    Nice buy Doro! This is a very nice receiver. I like the balaced (XLR) jacks! Good power especially if your using a separate amp for the fronts.

I don't think it has balanced inputs
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • shawn474
    edited February 2006
    Brent,
    I got the receiver today and what a beauty, man. I'd like to thank Doro for facilitating my purchase of this receiver and cannot wait to get this up and running at full capacity. Can't say enough good things about the forum here. Nothing but good guys (and some gals) trying to help people out (even the most novice like myself). A big ups to Doro and Brent. This thing is a beast!!!!!

Shawn
    Shawn