Polk Monitor 12, Series 2 For Sale

Options
waybo
waybo Posts: 12
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Greetings all....

I have a pair of Monitor 12's available. I have posted some pics, which frankly came out pretty bad, but will hopefully give you some kind of idea!!

I had these in a home theater setup and they have had very light use. When I moved a year ago, they were too big for the new room so I replaced them with a sub/satellite system. I had planned to perhaps use them in my main listening room, but thanks to this forum I acquired a set of CRS's that I'm really happy with.

Not sure what these are worth, I think someone listed a pair here for $700 and the concensus was that was too high. Is $500 a more realistic price? Would appreciate any feedback!

They work and look fine. I am in Long Island and would much prefer local pickup because of the size.

Thanks!

Wayne
Post edited by waybo on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Long Island is cool and "Bruce's Bakery" is amazing...

$500 is not a bad ebay price, but in the Club a bit lower would seem appropriate. Especially so since "the Club" helped guide you to the CRS's.

Do you happen to have the boxes, manuals, etc.? Are you the original owner?

Also would help folks to add some pics of the sides, top, etc., so they can see the condition of the veneer.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,185
    edited February 2006
    Options
    As far as the price, you should also consider that there have been a few pair of SDA 1(B/C) that have had troube getting $400-$500. IMHO, the SDA1 would be more desireable, but maybe the rareness of the Mon 12 might make it just as valuable. Who knows for sure. Market will tell.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Never seen these; so all of the 4 drivers are stereo (No SDA)? Would like to hear how they sound....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Tour2ma
    edited February 2006
    Options
    billbillw,
    Yes, the relative "rareness" is the determining factor.

HTr,
    Yup.. all stereo. They're authoritative... to say the least.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • waybo
    waybo Posts: 12
    edited February 2006
    Options
    No boxes. I may have the manuals, but I'm not sure. And I would be happy go a little better on the price for members of this forum!!!

Wayne
  • Cirrus
    Cirrus Posts: 1
    edited February 2006
    Options
  • Tour2ma
    edited February 2006
    Options
    waybo,
    The above is not "a member of this forum"... IMO...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2006
    Options
    neither is waybo, really... if all we're going by is post count...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Tour2ma
    edited February 2006
    Options
    By any measure... with admittedly slightly different standards for buyers.

All I was saying is I would not give any additional break to a "one-post-wonder". Otherwise I have no issues as the 12's have been listed for a while.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Where are these 12's located?