ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• gprabu
    gprabu Posts: 106
    edited August 2001
    Options
    The dts demo dvd has Welcome to Hotal California - Eagles. It is good. Pleasantville movie.
  • polkster13
    polkster13 Posts: 37
    edited August 2001
    Options
    The opening scene of "It's a Bug's Life" when the camera pans in starting with the tree in a distance and zooms in very slowly to the ants working in the grass under the tree. This was one of the hardest scenes in the movie to make and it has a very smooth transition. It was also created completely in the digital rhelm and was transfered digital to digital to the DVD. No analog process whatsoever. What does this mean, you ask? It means there are absolutely NO artifacts on this DVD. If your set shows any, then it is your equipment that isn't working properly, not the DVD. One of the best DVD movies (picture and sound quality) ever made.:D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Hello,
    The opening scene in Back To The Future, where the camera is very slowly panning from left to right. There are dozens of clock faces, the sound should very slowly follow the camera, the ticking of each clock moving. Then it gets to the can opener with the dog food plopping into the bowel. But the precise tracking of the sound is excellent, listen carefully to the individual character of each clock and the agreement between picture movement and sound movement.
    Also, in Top Gun, the scene where Tom and Kelly are in the elevator. The elevator door opens up and another officer steps in, interrupting their conversation. The sound of the opening and closing elevator door is perfect. It moves from right to left, tracking perfectly with the visual image.
    Ken Swauger
  • tmorgan
    tmorgan Posts: 37
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Just about any scene from Whole Nine Yards, great for dialogue.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2001
    Options
    The blue screen you get when the DVD player is off.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • lbrenner
    lbrenner Posts: 33
    edited August 2001
    Options
    I believe there was a scene in Amistad (since I rented this months ago, I can't double check the scene or if I spelled the name of the movie right) where someone walks across an empty, otherwise silent courtroom. The footsteps and their echoes were phenomenal, in a quiet sort of way.