DCM's actually,

Options
jeffeb3
jeffeb3 Posts: 106
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
What do ya'll think of dcm's? There are a few in my sound rooms and they show up every once in a while in our adds but I've only sold one pair to someone who actually liked the sound and had a need for a more efficient speaker. just looking for your thoughts.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    Options
    The older models, such as the Timeframe or Timewindow are collectors items, and sought after. Great speaker top to bottom, but was a little pricey for the time.....

SOME of the subs were great bang for buck, such as the Sub One and Sub Two. I have a Sub one pulling duty in the HT right now....195 watts rms/2ohm, 10 inch, bandpass. Great rumble and roar, but not the best musically. I wouldn't consider it one-note-ish, but it could be better.

I would take them (bookshelf/floorstanders) over Technics, or Cervin Vega off the shelf today, but I would not consider them for any critical listening...

Great bang for buck, good starter speaker for anyone, esp teenagers, great for the garage, or a 'crank it up' atmosphere where SQ isn't as important.

Oh, and like Polk, I've heard their customer service is second to none....they treat you like you are their most important customer....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I agree the older DCM stuff was much better! I have a 6 yr old DCM kxsub-2 wich is a nice sub. I found though..it runs better in my applications with speaker wires then of the LFE... It bottomed too much and level had to be set too low for any good. I have it running in my bedroom and it sounds great! Actualy sounds better on music than HT.... IMO

The newer stuff I have no Idea. Most the CC salesmen I talk to dont realy support it...mainly cause they dont like it.. then again..most dont support that "b" stuff either

:D
  • tmorgan
    tmorgan Posts: 37
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Back in the 80's I had a set of DCM Timewindows and I loved them, but I am happy with my RT800i's now.
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited July 2001
    Options
    The newest dcm's (and I've only heard these and last years) took a turn for the worst. I think they sound ultra-tiney and terribly distorted. they also go for ~250 ea. the rt55i's seem to destroy them at this price range. It's good to hear about their cust. service.
  • skinny
    skinny Posts: 25
    edited July 2001
    Options
    my buddy just bought some and they sound great and he did not even pay that much for them. he uses them for surround sound and cds. they have great bass .they are 10s. i heard that the 10s are better than the 12s:cool: skinny