Fire Sale - Rancho de Audio MKII

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited January 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
A few more GREAT items need to move on down the road, to facilitate my audio shakes.

Item 1:
Audio Research SP6-C1 Tube Preamplifier with Tube Phono Stage
2 x 6DJ8, 4 x 12AX7 Has a (new) matched quad of Sovtek 12AX7LPS, and duet of NOS Jan 6922. This is one of THE AR preamps to own. Highly regarded, highly sought after. 6 inputs, 4 line, 1 tape monitor, 1 phono. 1982 MSRP $1200 $OLD FREDV.

Item 2:
Audio Research DAC-1
Dual 20 bit d/a, coax, BNC, glass inputs. Perfect mate to the SP-6 above. Ultra High end. 1994, MSRP $3500 $OLD FREDV

$100 off the pair if items 1 & 2 are purchased as a set

Item 3:
Esoteric (Teac) D-10 DAC
18 bit linear d/a, upgraded caps. 2 glass, 2 coax inputs. High end on the cheap. 1994, MSRP $2000. $200 shipped

Item 4:
Audcom AP-110 Tube Preamplifier w/ remote
2 x 6N3 / 396a / 5670 4 in, 2 out. Sonicap mod. 2005 MSRP $400 + Mod. Western Electric NOS 396a's installed, will ship with a pair of high test RCA 5670 also. $OLD DKG999

Item 5:
Tice Audio Micro Block Power Conditioner / Surge
2 outlets on rear, great conditioner to isolate either the digital or analog section of your rig, Circa early 90's, MSRP $450 $150 shipped

Item 6:
Green Mountain Audio Europa Loudspeakers
High end 2-way ported loudspeaker, 6 inch midwoofer, 1 inch silk dome. COMPLETLY inert cabs, these will literally disappear in your room. 1998, MSRP $1000 $600 shipped

Item 7:
Scott 299 Tube Integrated Amplifier 9/10. Show / Museum condition, just serviced. Gold tone facia, and wood cab are excellent. All Telefunken tube front end, 4 x EL84/6BQ5 output. Will ship with the gold pins Mullards (one is fading), + a new matched quad of Sovtek (on order). Vintage Scott is better than money in the bank, I **** you not. This one could be bought for investment purpose alone. $OLD AMULFORD

Details, pictures to follow tomorrow night

As always, local demo/pickup is welcomed and encouraged, and prices will be adjusted accordingly. Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Russman - I'm interested in the Audcom pre-amp! Doug.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • rnp614
    rnp614 Posts: 598
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Wow, I've been wanting a shot at some GMA Europas for a long time...if only I had the space and the money haha.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Russman - pm sent on the Audcom!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Russ, how about a nice budget CDP to serve as a transport?
  • rnp614
    rnp614 Posts: 598
    edited January 2006
    Options
    with the DACs glass means optical input, correct? How does the Teac sound? I'm thinking of getting some sort of DAC for my AE: Symph pre + Odyssey Stratos amp.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    No cdp's at the moment, but that can always change.

The Esoteric sounds good, it's had the power supply modified, and some of the caps upgraded. Yes, glass = optical.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Well, that Audcom pre went quickly. :(
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I'll take the Scott. I'll get w/ you for details.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Russ, how would that Esoteric compare to the Parasound you sent me?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I never got to side by side them, so I can't really say broham. The AR is where it's at.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Pics added, email for more detailed etc. Final price reductions also noted, for quick sale.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2006
    Options
    LST 2's?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Excellent pricing on the AR pair! If I had an application for them, they'd be mine.

For those who aren't aware, the DAC was $3000 new and the pre was $1200. Quality used gear of this vintage will consistently bring 1/3 retail. This pricing is way below that ratio. A no brainer if you're looking to ratchet your audio experience up several clicks.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the words, looks like the remainder is headed off site.

Last call.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Thanks FredV, AR gear is SOLD.

GIVING away the Esoteric D/A - 1/10th of retail, offer ends 1/26 midnight.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited January 2006
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Thanks for the words, looks like the remainder is headed off site.

Last call.
    LOL! I saw the fight your "bump" came from. The **** didn't want to quit!!
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I saw that fight... No, he didn't want to quit, but the ringside doc thought better of it.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited January 2006
    Options
    When you start to look like the elephant man, it's time to consider a new career field.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"