Guess that was clear enough
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited January 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    OK, I'll be the blind guy and you can be the deaf guy, deal?
    madmax

Can I be the monkey?
    No excuses!
  • unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited January 2006
    Options
    What'd you think of the Torus Power conditioner? My bryston hook-up is trying to talk me into one (at dealer cost, it's hard to say no).
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited January 2006
    Options
    there never will be one perfect speaker out there. its an impossibility if you factor the different tastes and preferences of each and every one of us. I currently have no SDA's, but I certainly wouldnt say I've moved on from em. The biggest one's I've heard were the SRS 2 from polkfest. which tells me I have to get ears on the 1.2tl's sometime before I die. I've seen some keep the same gear forever because they love it. Ive seen others rotate gear wether they love it or not, just to experience something different. I think I'm somewhere in between. I hold onto what I like, but if a great deal rolls around, the mind opens WIDE!! :D

different strokes for different folks I suppose. My .02 I'm punchin out!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Oh hush you SDA babies...a man's entitled to rant every now and then, go play some music :D

Let's get this thing back on track.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I'm waiting to hear your impressions of the McIntosh HT. The look of those ribbon line arrays has me very intrigued.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited January 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    OK, I'll be the blind guy and you can be the deaf guy, deal?
    madmax

That'll be fine and Russ can be the dumb guy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Well, slap me nekkid' and hide my clothes! It's de ja vu all over again. :rolleyes: :p
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited January 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    Maybe next year we could go hang out outside and panhandle
    Vicariously, I already have. ;)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Avid sure presents some opportunity.

RT1
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Can I be the monkey?

you realize that some like to spank the monkey...don`t you..?!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2006
    Options
    thanks for the link, Jesse! I wish I was there.

edit: ..and when my wallet size triple-bulged, I'd like to own one of this:
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2006
    Options
    an another:
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Mark or Russ,

Did you guys happen to make it into the Usher room? If so, I would be interested in hearing your impressions.
    Thanks,
    Brad
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    edited January 2006
    Options
    A modest turntable setup, but it has no LP on it. :D
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited January 2006
    Options
    *sigh* didn't even have a chance to check out Alexis Park.

Mark and Russ - very nice to finally meet you guys. Too bad I didn't get a chance to stay and drink with you guys (stupid dinner meetings!)
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Brian - Yes, same here...you saved your liver, be thankful for that :)

Niner - No, we spent all day and were only able to hit half of AP. I don't recall having any Usher literature in the 50lbs. of paper that I brought home.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Russ & Doro - thank you for the time and effort to put together this info! Your insight and comments are always looked forward to. The high-end and ultra high-end stuff is neat and awe inspiring. Someday in the struggle of priorities I may move a little closer to the high-end stuff. For right now the mid-fi stuff works and keeps me happy.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2006
    Options
    DKG - Thanks for the comment and we will be prepared much better for next year. This was our trial run. I knew the really high quality pics & links would come later.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Yeah, I'm going to start distributing what I brought home. I might check an empty suitcase next time, just to bring back lit and goodies for everyone.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.