6 SL2000 Tweeters For Sale

decato
decato Posts: 180
edited January 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hi everyone,
I have 6 SL2000 tweeters for sale. 3 are replacements dated 1994. The other three seem to have come from a Monitor 10B, SDA 2B, and SDA-SRS 2.3, respectively. The top left and top middle tweeters are from the 10B and 2B and seem to be slightly crinkled. (Please check the pictures.) All of them, however, sound fine.

********** Edit: Make that 8 SL2000s! **********
I just found 2 more in another box! One is from the 1994 batch and the other is from an SDA-SRS 1.2. The surfaces of these domes look good, and they play fine too.

I am asking:
$20 each + shipping for the 2 crinkly ones
$25 each + shipping for the other 6
Or
Buy all 8 for $160 + shipping.

Thanks,
Brian Borowski
Post edited by decato on

Comments

• decato
    edited January 2006
    Bump.

Sorry, just trying to make this thread visible on page 1 for another day. I realize most people here prefer the new silk domes, but I would rather sell these tweeters to a Polk member than put them up on eBay. If I don't get any responses within a day or so, I guess I'll have to try my luck there.

-Brian
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited January 2006
    Buy from Brian with confidence! He has the Polk brotherhood Seal of Approval.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Flash21
    Flash21 Posts: 316
    edited January 2006
    A buddy of mine is looking for a couple SL2000s...or SL1000s for that matter. I'm gonna send him your ad...
    Steve Carlson
    Von Schweikert VR-33 speakers
    Bel Canto eVo2i integrated amp
    Bel Canto PL-2 universal disc player
    Analysis Plus Oval Nine speaker cables and Copper Oval-In Micro interconnects
    VH Audio Flavor 4 power cables
    Polk Monitor 10B speakers, retired but not forgotten
  • decato
    edited January 2006
    OK, great. I was just about to put them on eBay. I'll hold off a little while longer.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2006
    It's always good to have extras for those little gems you find from time to time....hello Polkies :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2006
    EEEEEEE

Yes, and there isn't an endless supply of these things out there either. The market will eventually dry up.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited January 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    Buy from Brian with confidence! He has the Polk brotherhood Seal of Approval.

not to mention he's a stones throw from my house. Me = Totowa :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Flash21
    edited January 2006
    OK I'll mention that to him...he probably knows that already though, this is not the first tweeter he has burned up...mine on the other hand are still original circa 1985 :D (Monitor 10B)
    Steve Carlson
  • Flash21
    edited January 2006
    Oops, guess he doesn't want to mess up his vintage speakers after all...better go to eBay. Sorry to get your hopes up...
    Steve Carlson
  • decato
    edited January 2006
    No problem. It was worth a try. They are now going up for sale on eBay.