RT55s for Sale on Ebay

Options
mdevine
mdevine Posts: 11
edited December 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I am the seller. If Club Polk member wins this auction and mentions Club Polk I will take 5% of the final price.

Great pair of speakers that were barely used.

Link to Ebay Auction

Ebay item # 5845279008

Thanks CP.

Mike
Post edited by mdevine on

Comments

• speakergeek
    speakergeek Posts: 555
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Ah, I see now. You're selling some RT55s. :o
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Commence flaming...
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I'm getting tired of this ****.

What makes you think we want to bid on your speakers? We won't, we never have, and we never will.

If you wanted to sell them here, then you sell them here. You describe them, post a price, post some pictures.

Don't join to try to promote your Ebay ad. If I want to buy from Ebay, I go to friggin Ebay.
  • mdevine
    edited December 2005
    Options
    You got issues. Lets me guess...you also have big issues with people that type in CAPS. DOn't people have bigger things to worry about.

Get over yourself and your self riotousness.

If you are looking for RT 55s this is a good post. If not...then go do something productive with your life.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,195
    edited December 2005
    Options
    mdevine wrote:
    You got issues. Lets me guess...you also have big issues with people that type in CAPS. DOn't people have bigger things to worry about.

Get over yourself and your self riotousness.

If you are looking for RT 55s this is a good post. If not...then go do something productive with your life.

We just don't like people joining our forum just to promote their sales, especially if they are on Ebay. We will not bid against each other, so we only accept fixed price sales in the Flea Market.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • mdevine
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Thanks.

I am learning the ropes. I did not know Polkies would not bid against each other. Is there a specific time for us to sit in a circle and sing Kum Bah Ya?

I will ask the administrator to delete this thread so not to bother anyone else.
  • mldennison
    mldennison Posts: 307
    edited December 2005
    Options
    mdevine wrote:
    Is there a specific time for us to sit in a circle and sing Kum Bah Ya?

yes, but you only find out when when you become a polk master! :D
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2005
    Options
    ... which you're on your way to...

Congratulations, Polkster...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited December 2005
    Options
    mdevine wrote:
    Is there a specific time for us to sit in a circle and sing Kum Bah Ya?

Alright this is funny.
    He offered us a 5% discount and is new. He has no idea how we operate and he gets attacked pretty bad for his ignorance.
    Not good.
    The 5% is a nice gesture considering he did not know we will not bid against each other.

FWIW
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • adam2434
    adam2434 Posts: 995
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Felt like I had to add my 2 cents to Skynut's sentiments:

I'm still a relatively new member here so you can flame away, ignore this or whatever.

It my short time here I've seen many new members get jumped on, flamed, and basically driven away because they didn't know the unwritten rules of this place. This is ****.

Some new members may be jerks and some may even be decent folks with good intentions. Why not give people the benefit of the doubt and politely steer them in the right direction vs. attacking them from the get-go?

I think this guy had good intentions, but just didn't know the unwritten rules.

It's pretty logical for a person with Polk speakers to find this website, find the forum, find the flea market, and think "Hmmm, a place with a lot of Polk fans buying and selling used Polk speakers, seems like a good place to let folks know about the ones I have."

Personally, I don't care if a person has 1 or 10,000 posts here if they're selling something I'm interested in and it's in good condition at a good price. If someone new comes into the FM with a good fixed price, and if through PMs and e-mails I feel good about him/her and the item, I'll buy from him/her. Good for me, good for him/her, and we didn't have to deal with E-bay.
    5.1 and 2.0 ch Basement Media Room: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage or Dayton IO655 on patio.
    2.1 ch Basement Gym: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2/Chromecast Audio.
    2.0 ch Living Room: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED.
    2.0 ch Semi-portable: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3/Chromecast Audio.
    Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2005
    Options
    mdevine wrote:
    self riotousness..

I suggest you perform one of these with great vengeance and wrath. :)
  • mdevine
    edited December 2005
    Options
    FWIW...I have been a polk user since early-mid 90s (car speakers) when they were really only available thru Crutchfield. I purchased a set of Polks last week to replace the RT55s that I am selling. After this experience I returned the new Polks and bought Infinity speakers at Circuit City. I do not plan to buy Polk speakers again. The RT 55s were great, but there are plenty of other great speakers in the market. Sorry Polk, not your fault, but I would rather not have to deal with is forum again if I have product questions.

Demiurge...righteousness. Got to be careful with spell check sometimes. sorry.

Skynut...thanks for noting the 5% discount. I also thought it was a good gesture and it is still valid.

Adam..Amen brother. Hopefully you will learn the secret Polk handshake someday.

Merry Christmas.
  • amulford
    edited December 2005
    Options
    You see I have a pair of RT55's. They are great speakers. I'd probably buy yours if you weren't selling them this way.

I don't have any issues. if you took the time to check, you would have seen we don't do this type of thing.
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited December 2005
    Options
    The most amusing occurrences of newbie bashing are accomplished by the "fringe" posters, those bucking for message board status who attempt to emulate the "inner circle" posters. For reasons they themselves don't understand, they launch into attack with "try epay," or some other polk audio message board colloquialism intended to put the new guy in his place. I think that's even funnier than some of the inner circle guys who attempt to rule a home audio message board with an iron fist.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Is the flea market a marketing tool for ebay or is it a place for an audio club to trade used quality gear?

Thats the question that many get so confused about.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2005
    Options
    adam2434 wrote:
    ...but just didn't know the unwritten rules.
    Like that's our fault? :D

In the three years I've been here there has been discussions of setting down the "unwritten rules" in a sticky, but it has never come to pass. Maybe in '06.

As for the general aversion to self promotion of ebay listings, I can't think of a forum where it is welcomed. It's just bad form. Does that mean that when it happens, we should jump down the unsuspecting's throats? No. I can't speak for Anthony, but I'll bet this was more of a case of the "straw-that-broke" than the egregiousness of this sale.

This forum is a commmunity. Adam, you likely know this by now. I will wager there are over 100 members you would not have to exchange a single e-mail with to feel good about a deal. That is the secret handshake.

mdevine,
    You actually handled yourself well. Sorry to read of your product decision.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Polksters,

I know we are policing our FM but this is getting out of hand. Just my opinion but I think we should have some rules posted. I have gone on numerous forums and the rules are spelled out from the get go and their are less fights and **** threads. I have seen threads here go for 25-35-40 responses and maybe 2 or 3 get to the jist of the thread. I feel if the person is out of hand with the price or is arogant or otherwise scamming one of our fellow Polksters then by all means let them have it, but if we just pile on to pile on, then ****, we are no different from the other forums which we sometimes bash. I have gone on forums where their is a 10 post minimum to post something for sale, something like that here will save alot of BS on the FM posts. One last thing if your not going to buy why post or **** on somebodies thread, do we all have to chime in and tell the newbie he is a newbie and we don't bid against each other here. A set of rules for at least selling something on the FM is what I'm looking for, nothing else on any other topic.

CRj :cool:
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Amen criverajr
  • adam2434
    adam2434 Posts: 995
    edited December 2005
    Options
    A set of written rules/guidelines for selling is exactly what is needed - maybe a prompt, link, or something like that when you make your first post on the FM. I was thinking this when I was writing my post above.

Hopefully, this would keep the bogus posters away and help retain potentially good posters that get run off when the feeding frenzy starts.

And yes, I do know this is a community - a damn strong one, with scads of folks willing to share their knowledge and experience. I appreciate every time someone replies to one of my questions or topics. Generally, it's also a fun place to hang.

But, I also notice a tendency for some to pounce on, then pile on new members. I don't understand it - where's the golden rule?

Well, off my soap box, time for a beer.

Peace, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!

Adam
    5.1 and 2.0 ch Basement Media Room: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage or Dayton IO655 on patio.
    2.1 ch Basement Gym: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2/Chromecast Audio.
    2.0 ch Living Room: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED.
    2.0 ch Semi-portable: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3/Chromecast Audio.
    Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Bravo Nino, Bravo!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited December 2005
    Options
    After this experience I returned the new Polks and bought Infinity speakers at Circuit City. I do not plan to buy Polk speakers again.
    So where can I get that open box discount on the better speakers?

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • mdevine
    edited December 2005
    Options
    gwh wrote:
    So where can I get that open box discount on the better speakers?

I think a fellow Polkster has already had a thought about potentially buying them..maybe..possibly. Therefore you are forbidden to buy then since that would be against the golden Polk Club rule. Karl Marx would be proud.

Kudos on the better speaker jab. The Polk speakers sure are priced right and sound great. Great bang for the buck. Or it could be a case "ignorance is bliss". Who knows.
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited December 2005
    Options
    [QUOTE=mdevineI think a fellow Polkster has already had a thought about potentially buying them..maybe..possibly. Therefore you are forbidden to buy then since that would be against the golden Polk Club rule. Karl Marx would be proud.[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!! You gotta admit, he did get off a good one here! :D
    Touche for mdevine!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2005
    Options
    mdevine wrote:
    After this experience I returned the new Polks and bought Infinity speakers at Circuit City. I do not plan to buy Polk speakers again. The RT 55s were great, but there are plenty of other great speakers in the market. Sorry Polk, not your fault, but I would rather not have to deal with is forum again if I have product questions.
    OOOOOH.....he really showed us.....didn't he?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mdevine
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Shack...I am not looking to "show you" anything. Just did what was best for me personally.

However, based on number of defending posts from your fellow Polkies, I think most agree that certain attitudes can negatively effect current and new Polk customer.

If you all love Polk as much as it seems, you should always do everything you can to help them be successful. Alienating (aka flaming) those that are new and ignorant to policies on CP is not the best way to help.

I would think Polk should be interested in this as well.
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Please just leave. Happy Holidays and enjoy your Infinty speakers.
  • amulford
    edited December 2005
    Options
    mdevine wrote:
    I would think Polk should be interested in this as well.

Then, by all means, report the thread.

enjoy the infinity's.
  • shack
    edited December 2005
    Options
    If you allow the way your were "treated" on an internet message board affect your decision to purchase a particular product, maybe you need to find another place to "play".

You don't want Polks...Your loss. I personally could care less if you have white van speakers, driven by a GPX boombox, connected with bailing wire.

I have certainly done more than the average Polk owner to give credit to Polk and their products...free of charge. If Polk wants me to start selling their speakers we need to work out some sort of commission arrangement.

For all of you who are complaining about how 1 post/low post sellers are treated...understand that on the FM bad deals have been few and far between. The reason for all the rules on other sites has a lot to do with how many people have lost money on deals...not how sellers are treated. It is a FREE place to sell and has worked quite well over the years...in spite of NO FORMAL SET OF RULES. When stuff gets out of line, - justin - steps in, slaps a few wrists, sets things straight (as he should) and it's back to business as usual.

The so-called unwritten rules are not so complicated that ANY SELLER…new or not, can't figure them out by doing a minimum of research and reviewing a few prior posts. How difficult is:

Set a FAIR price
    Post pictures if possible
    No dibs
    No bidding

These basic requirments have been stated hundreds of times over the years through out the Flea Market. It is just not that difficult to figure out!

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mdevine
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Thanks all for your help and genuine concern.

Amulford...I simply want to sell a set of speaker on ebay. Auction info above if needed. I have no interest in the success of Polk Corp so I would not waste time reporting this post to anyone.

Marker..glad I could give you a laugh. I thought it was funny as well. I had to look up what ROTFLMAO meant. Very funny.

Shack...ease up. This is not that big of a deal.

Warlock1...thanks for the best wishes. I will take your advice unless anyone wants to discuss further.
  • shack
    edited December 2005
    Options
    mdevine wrote:
    Shack...ease up. This is not that big of a deal.
    Don't worry, very little was for your benefit. Bye.