Stop the vibrations.....

PolknPepsi
PolknPepsi Posts: 781
edited December 2005 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Here is something I did to stop the shaking of the wood floors and walls and control almost all except airborne vibrations.

1. three spikes under sub.
2. one round concrete stepping stone from Home Depot under the spikes.
3. Twelve squash balls (like tennis balls without the fur) hot melt glued to the underneath side of the concrete.
4. spikes, concrete, and balls spray painted flat black to color match surrounding area.

This little adventure looks very nice, cost under $15.00 and helps a lot.
Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
Post edited by PolknPepsi on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited November 2005
    Cool, but why would you want to stop the shaking of the wood floors and walls? Isn't that why you bought the SVS?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2005
    Shaking maybe....rattling .....not so much. I like your solution PolknPepsi. Ijust use a Gramma myself.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • PolknPepsi
    edited November 2005
    Maybe I should take it off the platform to see what difference there is again, now that I've got the sub dialed in...Mmmmm.
    As I recall it was as if someone was pounding on the floors and walls with a really big hammer... a big distraction.

yeah,
    I heard about the Gramma long after I did the little tweak. In your home theatre pictures I can see the Gramma.
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • PolknPepsi
    edited December 2005
    ...........took it out from under the sub and it's nice for a change, rattles the he!! out of everything! :D
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited December 2005
    Both of my Gramma's have passed on unfortunately :( I think about them often.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones