edited December 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Polk Center channel CS400 sold
Post edited by havelfr on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Don't bid anyone else, I hope it holds. ;)

Only 7 days to audio nirvana!!!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,713
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Make a realistic offer, as you already know, the cost was over $600. new back whenever.

We don't bid here, you have to name a price. New retail was $479.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2005
    Options
    WilliamM2 is right. You need to set a price and see what happens. If you don't get what you ask then there is always ebay or audiogon. BTW, 6 have sold on Ebay in the last 10 days for $90, $100, $128, $130, $135, $162 (plus shipping of an average of $25). This should give you and a potential buyer a range of what it is worth.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Better take the $5, Dennis has got me, my absolute high was 4.95!!

If I remember right CC had it for 399.00 new before the inevitable markdowns.

Come on man put up what you want for it. Its the way it works here.

RT1
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2005
    Options
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29547

So this is round 2??

Good to see you were able to add the pictures, please add you price.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • PolknPepsi
    PolknPepsi Posts: 781
    edited October 2005
    Options
    I'll give you $4.96 if you throw in a dozen DVd's of my choice.... :p
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • havelfr
    havelfr Posts: 13
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Don't bid anyone else, I hope it holds. ;)

Only 7 days to audio nirvana!!!
    Thanks for showing me that a first timer here, can immedietly find the jerks out there. I'm sure you've NEVER had a first and didn't know exactly what to do perfectly!!!
  • havelfr
    edited October 2005
    Options
    PolknPepsi wrote:
    I'll give you $4.96 if you throw in a dozen DVd's of my choice.... :p
    Thanks for taking advantage of a new dude here. I'm learning, but some have actually replied with good advice instead of a rock.
  • havelfr
    edited October 2005
    Options
    hoosier21 wrote:
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29547

So this is round 2??

Good to see you were able to add the pictures, please add you price.
    Thanks for the advice. Pics are there and you're right, i should have put a price so it didn't appear to be an auction attempt.
    Thanks again.
    $200.
  • havelfr
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Better take the $5, Dennis has got me, my absolute high was 4.95!!

If I remember right CC had it for 399.00 new before the inevitable markdowns.

Come on man put up what you want for it. Its the way it works here.

RT1
    I'm new here, but I have put the lowest price up now. Thanks, all you had to do is let me know this site shouldn't look like an auction and i would have listened and jumped on it. The sarcasm, well, it probably made YOU feel superior, it’s all good here.
  • havelfr
    edited October 2005
    Options
    shack wrote:
    WilliamM2 is right. You need to set a price and see what happens. If you don't get what you ask then there is always ebay or audiogon. BTW, 6 have sold on Ebay in the last 10 days for $90, $100, $128, $130, $135, $162 (plus shipping of an average of $25). This should give you and a potential buyer a range of what it is worth.
    Thanks for all the ebay information. You're right. $200. at the lowest.
  • havelfr
    edited October 2005
    Options
    WilliamM2 wrote:
    We don't bid here, you have to name a price. New retail was $479.
    Got it, thanks. $200.
  • jwienand
    jwienand Posts: 80
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Wow, you'll be a Polkster before you know it :D:p:D
  • shack
    edited October 2005
    Options
    havelfr wrote:
    Thanks for all the ebay information. You're right. $200. at the lowest.
    You're welcome. BUT...you will probably not sell your speaker here for that price. Not being rude...it's just the way it is. You want top dollar (and $200 IS above top dollar) your best bet is E-bay. Good luck.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Actually we were rather subdued, considering you were told all the same things back in June. The FM is where CP members pass gear along to other members at good prices. When we need to make money on a piece we put things on E-bay and Audiogon. Their are many knowledgeable folks here, the older members watch over the FM. You can pretty much bet anything sold in here is a decent piece of gear and all things are fully disclosed to the buyer. Not saying its right or wrong, its just the way it is here. Sometimes we even pay a little more to help a member out who really needs it. Its our club and if you want to be a true member you will find that membership has its privledges, very large ones.

Thank you for posting the pics and the price.

Best of Luck with your sale.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2005
    Options
    havelfr wrote:
    Thanks for showing me that a first timer here, can immedietly find the jerks out there. I'm sure you've NEVER had a first and didn't know exactly what to do perfectly!!!

Come on, dude. This isn't your first time here either. You didn't price it on June, 11th when you tried to pawn it off here then. Thats why it didn't sell. All posts to your previous attempt were cordial, but you still refused to set a price.
    havelfr wrote:
    Thanks, all you had to do is let me know this site shouldn't look like an auction and i would have listened and jumped on it.

That was done in the first post of your last attempt to sell here.

Here it is: From CP Member ND13...........3. Set a price.

Sorry for the sarcasm and my apologies to your thin skin..........

Good luck on your sale.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • adam2434
    adam2434 Posts: 995
    edited October 2005
    Options
    shack wrote:
    You're welcome. BUT...you will probably not sell your speaker here for that price. Not being rude...it's just the way it is. You want top dollar (and $200 IS above top dollar) your best bet is E-bay. Good luck.
    P.Hunt sold 3 of them here a few weeks ago for $200 shipped each. Nobody complained about the price. I bought one and thought it was a decent price. So, $200 with split shipping doesn't seem too far off.

The quoted recent E-bay prices above are much lower than when I was looking for a CS400i a couple months ago, when they were consistently going between $225-275 plus about $30 shipping on E-bay.
    5.1 and 2.0 ch Basement Media Room: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage or Dayton IO655 on patio.
    2.1 ch Basement Gym: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2/Chromecast Audio.
    2.0 ch Living Room: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED.
    2.0 ch Semi-portable: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3/Chromecast Audio.
    Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
  • shack
    edited October 2005
    Options
    CS400 and CS400i are slightly different with the non "i" version being a few years older. $200 is the high end of the price range for this speaker but is on par for the CS400i.

• adam2434
    adam2434 Posts: 995
    edited October 2005
    Options
    shack wrote:
    CS400 and CS400i are slightly different with the non "i" version being a few years older. $200 is the high end of the price range for this speaker but is on par for the CS400i.
    Shack, my bad. I failed to notice that his is not the "i" version, so I agree that $200 is definately on the high end for his speaker.
    5.1 and 2.0 ch Basement Media Room: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage or Dayton IO655 on patio.
    2.1 ch Basement Gym: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2/Chromecast Audio.
    2.0 ch Living Room: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED.
    2.0 ch Semi-portable: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3/Chromecast Audio.
    Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
  • havelfr
    edited October 2005
    Options
    Just man enough to back my typing.? what ever i say. That's why i don't start off spending time impressing myself like i'm sure others do with sarcasm. No thin skin here. My opologies however for your needing to hide behind a computer to feel tough. The funny thing truly, is that if the price is too high in your opinion, than DON'T REPLY !! Move on and and mind the business that your interested in. No one ask you for an opinon about your price thoughts as i recall.
    Come on, dude. This isn't your first time here either. You didn't price it on June, 11th when you tried to pawn it off here then. Thats why it didn't sell. All posts to your previous attempt were cordial, but you still refused to set a price.

That was done in the first post of your last attempt to sell here.

Here it is: From CP Member ND13...........3. Set a price.

Sorry for the sarcasm and my apologies to your thin skin..........

Good luck on your sale.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited October 2005
    Options
    havelfr wrote:
    if the price is too high in your opinion, than DON'T REPLY !! Move on and and mind the business that your interested in. No one ask you for an opinon about your price thoughts as i recall.

thats just the way the flea market is, if we feel the price is too high, were gonna call it out. why take it so hard? drop the price if there is no takers, or keep the speaker. just because you didnt ask for an opinion, doesnt mean your not going to get them ;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • WilliamM2
    edited October 2005
    Options
    We also don't tend to buy from those who have an attitude.

Heck of a sales pitch you have there.
  • shack
    edited October 2005
    Options
    havelfr wrote:
    The funny thing truly, is that if the price is too high in your opinion, than DON'T REPLY !! Move on and and mind the business that your interested in. No one ask you for an opinon about your price thoughts as i recall.
    This forum IS our business. The people who spend their time here have made it a decent forum where we look out for each other's interest. I myself spend a couple of hours each month keeping track of "feedback" of transactions from this very flea market so we know who to deal with. You don't like the way we conduct this forum....you are free to take your speaker to E-bay or the newspaper or any other "used goods market" and pay your fee and take your chances. And while YOU may not be interested in my opinion, I bet any of the members that might be thinking about buying your speaker.... IS.

• karpiel666
    karpiel666 Posts: 173
    edited December 2005
    Options
    I was getting ready to buy it, but I have turned to ebay now, I know im a noobie but I think I still have the right to complain about the "sales pitch".
    dvd player: samsung DVD-HD850
    receiver: Denon avr5700
    center: polk cs400
    fronts: polk rt800i
    surrounds: Unknown Polk monitor? series.
    sub: svs pb12 isd/v
    tv: 46 inch samsung
  • drew spelts
    drew spelts Posts: 310
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Yeah and I am a newbie too. Probably the most important two reasons I joined this club was:
    #1 Alot of these guys absolutely know their sheeite. So helpful to a newbie like me.
    #2 Alot of these guys absolutely love razing the other guys and I just love coming here to read it. Far more entertaining than a newspaper or magazine could ever be.
    Thanks Polk members you make it feel like home here.
    Harman Kardon AVR635
    RTi10's Up Front
    CSi5 Center
    RTi6's Rear Surround
    Furman RA-1210:rolleyes:
  • reeltrouble1
    edited December 2005
    Options
    :D

Very nice to have two new members thank those that have helped our FM.
    Shack spends time keeping everbody straight.

RT1
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Well done fellas!

This could have turned real nasty as it has in other instances. However, you said what needed to be said in a polite & cordial manner & the would be seller ended up making himself look bad rather than you all making yourselves look bad!

Good job, thanks for protecting our flea market!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2005
    Options
    It's a good center, but the price is high. take it to Flea bay....
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Hey, Bro, they are really "going easy on you" read between the lines, there is alot of good advice out there, no one is trying to "rip" you off, I have recently sold alot of gear to other members,it's nice to get a good deal and keep it in the family, we all want the same thing, good equipment,good price,it's kinda nice to see your equipment move around from member to member,as we upgrade,knowing that someone will appreciate and enjoy a piece of equipment that you once owned, kinda, makes you feel "warm and fuzzy"----AHHHHHH--no creamer for the coffee, gotta go to the store, hang around,lots of great info/help/people around this place :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • WilliamM2
    edited December 2005
    Options
    You guys do realize this thread is over a moth old? He hasn't logged in here since.