Nevo SL for Sale - New, In Box unopened

Options
MerLuv
MerLuv Posts: 10
edited September 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Edit* - I've been informed not so subtly that though this section of the Polk Forum IS for selling stuff, you are not allowed to sell high end remote controls, nor offer them $200 below retail, because "peddling" is discouraged in the forum entitled "flea market." Therefore, I've removed the ad.

Comments

• michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited September 2005
    Options
    To help with your sale usually it is a good idea to put up some pictures of the item as well as let us know of any places where you hve positive feedback since you are a new member here. Ebay or audiogon are good places to reference yourself. One last thing -- people here tend to get a little pissy about people joining the club polk forum just to sell off a non-polk product on their first post. Stick around a while, share your knowledge and maybe learn something yourself. It's a good forum but this isn't the best way to get a nice greeting from many here.

Welcome to club polk and good luck...
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2005
    Options
    michael_w wrote:
    -snip-
    Ebay or audiogon are good places
    -snip-

what he said...
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2005
    Options
    what is a Nevo? lets start with that first.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • michael_w
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Crazy universal remote... Nevo SL
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Now as much as I wish I had a remote that could control all my stuff and ALL their functions, there's NO FREAKIN WAY I WOULD PAY $650 FOR A REMOTE!!!! It would have to control people's minds to be worth that to me. :confused: :rolleyes:

Sorry that's just my opinion. Good luck with the sale. Maybe someone sees the value. Like I always tell my salespeople, there's an **** for every seat. ;)

Welcome to CP. :)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Man. That is one awesome looking remote. I want it; and I don't even know what it does! :eek:

:D

Good luck with the sale!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2005
    Options
    650, pure profit, eh?

Be careful when you unbutton your shirt, I worry that your heart will fall clean out.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited September 2005
    Options
    No ****, welcome to club Polk, peddle your crap somewhere else.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2005
    Options
    This isn't the flea market for you, get lost.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Looks like no luv for MerLuv :D Nice start buddy :rolleyes:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • MerLuv
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Yeah, it appears as though "the Flea Market" is merely a flame fest of elitist forum folk. Ah well...

It it makes anyone feel better I'm running my home theatre with RTi-6's, a PSW 303, and a Csi3.

And if it makes you feel better, Polk is one of the top two speaker brands I sell.

But, if you're curious what a Nevo does, it's a touchscreen wireless remote with wifi capabilities. It's made by Universal Electronics, Inc. which maintains the master database which most other universal remotes pull from. To give an example, a Pronto has about 6,000 built in IR codes, while the UEI database is over 180,000.

The TSU7000 from Philips retails for about 1200, the MX3000 from URC goes for 1000, the T3 from RTI is about 1400... this one is 800.

About Me: I work for a national distributor as a Sales Rep, have experience in custom electronics, whole house integration and installation, and am Master programmer of URC remotes, Pronto's, NevoSL's, and RTI.

Of course, being familiar with elitist forum people, this will serve to appease people very little, but alas... I tried.
    edited September 2005
    Options
    fireshoes wrote:
    what he said...

what he said he said
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited September 2005
    Options
    MerLuv wrote:
    I won a couple of Nevo's in a contest, kept one for myself and am selling the other. The retail list on these is $799 - I'm asking $650 and I'll ship anywhere for free.

Paypal accepted, only serious inquiries please.

Email me @ MerLuv@yahoo.com

Sell them and donate the $ to the victims of Hurricane Katrina. They need all the help they get.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2005
    Options
    No one here is elitist (well, at least not a whole lot ;)). It's just that you've come to the forum, seemingly, to do nothing but sell your stuff, and it doesn't appear to be a very good deal, either. The Flea Market (FM) is more a place for Club Polk members to keep great gear 'in the family' and at great prices than it is a place to 'sell' stuff.

Stick around and post some in the other parts of the forum, become a member of the family. Don't judge and leave, yet.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • jwienand
    jwienand Posts: 80
    edited September 2005
    Options
    600+ is ALOT for a remote
  • aaharvel
    edited September 2005
    Options
    we're not Elitists friend. I don't think any of us could afford or at the least would want to spend $600 on a remote control; no fancy name for it can take away from the fact that that's all it is.

You might want to try the Krell or McIntosh forums.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Speak for yourselves, I AM an elitist!!! :D:D
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • jwienand
    jwienand Posts: 80
    edited September 2005
    Options
  • deepinya
    deepinya Posts: 199
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I guess its ok to thread crap if its a new member. :confused:

Most of you could have left it at "welcome and gl". You think this guy is gonna stick around now?
  • aaharvel
    edited September 2005
    Options
    trimmin' the fat.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    Options
    MerLuv wrote:
    Edit* - I've been informed not so subtly that though this section of the Polk Forum IS for selling stuff, you are not allowed to sell high end remote controls, nor offer them $200 below retail, because "peddling" is discouraged in the forum entitled "flea market." Therefore, I've removed the ad.

FIRST post here is to ask forum members to send him $650 with NO history, feedback, intro, etc. I don't care what he was selling...without any knowledge I wouldn't send him $650.

This forum IS for members to buy and sell. It is not Ebay, Audiogon, Craiglist. Since he stated he owned Polk speakers he could have come here any time to get involved. He didn't. Only came here to sell something. I don't care if he stays or not...

SEE YA!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Spawndn72
    Spawndn72 Posts: 453
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I guess its ok to thread crap if its a new member.

As far as I am concerned he is not a new member, he is a guy who signed up to sell something and that's it. If he could have posted the ad without signing up he probably would have.
    Setup:
    Adcom GFA-545 amp
    Nad 1600 pre
    Dual 704 TT
    Pioneer 707 R2R
    Pioneer DV-578A Multi-format
    Polk SDA-2 Mains
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited September 2005
    Options
    MerLuv wrote:
    And if it makes you feel better, Polk is one of the top two speaker brands I sell.

About Me: I work for a national distributor as a Sales Rep, have experience in custom electronics, whole house integration and installation, and am Master programmer of URC remotes, Pronto's, NevoSL's, and RTI.

I'm sorry but this forum is not a storefront for sales reps...
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • MerLuv
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Mike682 wrote:
    I'm sorry but this forum is not a storefront for sales reps...

I'm a wholesaler, I couldn't sell to you if I wanted to (outside of the feeble attempt at selling personal items, such as a remote.)

And someone said people here aren't elistist? Holy cow...

Here is the order of events as I see them:

1.) Being a Polk Fan, I check out the forum and see there is a "flea market"
    2.) I register, read some forums, and decide to sell something I have that is new and fresh in the market.
    3.) I get flamed to no end by snobbish, elitist forumites, who apparently don't dabble in high-end electronics (which is weird, cause Polk has some high end stuff).
    4.) I pull the ad because people who claim not to elitist pre-judge me (harshly) about my long term intentions regarding the Polk Forum.
    5.) I continue to get flamed.

In all truth, I was going to post here, as I post @ Remote Central when I can, but I'm really disapointed with the attitude here. I expected more. Maybe because I'm an industry guy and dealers and installers are generally friendly to each other. We share knowledge (and product when avail) and realize that everyone in the business is in it to not only do something they love, but to make a little money. It seems as though I've stumbled into the land of the "End-user," rather than the community of friendly, knowledgable people.

I'm not bagging on everyone, in fact I really appreciate that Michael gave me some advice (though Sorry Mike that it apparenty didn't help at all).

The humorous thing is that had I known how much of a stink it would raise to post here first, I would have posted an intro and NOT bothered to try and sell here.

For Future reference, you may want to ask the Forum Admin's to change the topic description for "The Flea Market" to warn unsuspecting industry people about all the hoops one must jump through before trying to sell something they have.

Ah well, that's why I pulled the ad. Lesson learned. As you all requested, I'll take my remote and go away.

Mike, again, appreciate the advice - if your looking for some info from my side of the table about upcoming stuff (CEDIA, CES) let me know.

Sorry Guys, Have a good one.
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Anyone else getting a little annoyed at how many people get instantly flammed? I know this tends to happen a lot with new members but c'mon give them a chance to redeem themselves with more than one mistake on the first post. We have shunned away so many potential friends and members because of the lack of tolerance towards stuff like this. Sorry guys but I'm not goin with the crowd on this one.
  • gregit
    gregit Posts: 284
    edited September 2005
    Options
    But michael w...were it not for these self-appointed guardians of the Flea Market, we wouldn't know whom to purchase from and what items we might like to purchase. I for one say "Hooray to the Flea Market ****"!!
  • michael_w
    edited September 2005
    Options
    No I realize that and I'm glad the flea market has such strict rules. What I don't agree with is giving new members a chance to fix their mistakes. What usually happens is that they mess up and do something like this and instantly they are titled a dumbass that doesn't belong here. That's the part I don't agree with.
  • deepinya
    deepinya Posts: 199
    edited September 2005
    Options
    ^^I agree^^

Sad part is that this guy seems well spoken and not some typical scumbag. Even after being flamed he didnt retaliate....he made two subsequent friendly posts and left.

Seems to me this is the type of person you would WANT on these forums? Then again what do I know since I only have 15 posts and we all know post count = IQ. AINT THAT RIGHT??!!?
  • gregit
    gregit Posts: 284
    edited September 2005
    Options
    michael w...i was being just a little sarcastic ;)
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I myself would think it would be better to just ignore first time post in the flea market. All this flaming reflects poorly on Polk and it's forum members.
    Then again...even though I have come here for YEARS now, my low post count sets me up for a noodle lashing from "the boyz". That's why I say this now because they are all drunk at Polk Fest and can't beat me up right now.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."