Vibrapods and points

emcclary
emcclary Posts: 29
edited September 2005 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
I am cross posting this in case I put it in the wrong dept. I am interested in finding out if any of you have used the vibra pods sold on the website for equipment isolation. I am most interested if you have used the points in conjunction with the pads. I was thinking of putting them under my receiver, dvd and cd players once I put all my equipment into the built in cabinets I am making in my HT room. Any feedback would be appreciated.
HT Setup
Rec B&k AVR307 w/updated software and hardware
DVD Sony DVP S9000ES
VCR JVC SVHS HR-S3600U
CD Nakamichi MB3S
2 Monster HTS3600
Sony KF-60XBR800 LCD Proj
Mains Def Tech BP7004
CLR Def Tech 2500
Sides Def Tech UIW BPZ/A
Rears Def Tech BPVX
Sub Def Tech Supercube 1

Outdoor System
Rec Sony STR DE197 (2 Chan)
Cd Nakamichi MB3S CD (Yes I have two of them)
Speakers Paradigm Stylus 350's
Post edited by emcclary on

Comments

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited September 2005
    I use the Vibrapods under my CDP and my integrated amp. They do help with vibration and they're cheap. Haven't ever used the cones though. Not sure if you'd have quite as much vibration to control though using built-in cabinets, depending on the construction and materials.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • emcclary
    edited September 2005
    My DefTech Supercube 1 is going into one side of the cabinet on the floor so there could be major vibration going on.
    HT Setup
    DVD Sony DVP S9000ES
    VCR JVC SVHS HR-S3600U
    CD Nakamichi MB3S
    2 Monster HTS3600
    Mains Def Tech BP7004
    CLR Def Tech 2500
    Sides Def Tech UIW BPZ/A
    Rears Def Tech BPVX
    Sub Def Tech Supercube 1

Outdoor System
  • emcclary
    edited September 2005
    I'll also have my DefTech Bp7004's and DefTech 2500 CLR mounted in the unit just for a little extra something.
    HT Setup
    DVD Sony DVP S9000ES
    VCR JVC SVHS HR-S3600U
    CD Nakamichi MB3S
    2 Monster HTS3600
    Mains Def Tech BP7004
    CLR Def Tech 2500
    Sides Def Tech UIW BPZ/A
    Rears Def Tech BPVX
    Sub Def Tech Supercube 1

Outdoor System
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited September 2005
    I would also suggest putting slabs of granite around the subwoofer to dampen vibrations even more. If the shelves, or whatever, are sturdy enough, use slabs of granite there too.

With all the vibrations that are going to be present in the cabinet, it is going to be difficult to stop them all. My last thought would be to use dynamat in as many places as possible to help even more.

Okay, I'm done rambling.

Have fun.

Zach
    Tschüss
    Zach