edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
I have a question about H/T set up. My system consists of
Denon 1802 receiver
Polk 245i centre
Polk rt800i fronts
Polk f/x300i surrounds
Polk psw 350 sub

I have the sub hooked up directly from the sub out of my Denon &
I have all of the speakers set to small, as per advice from Polk.
Is this the proper settings and the best way to hook up the sub.
Also, how much difference would the cs400i centre speaker make?
Thanks Bubba
Post edited by reidbubba on

Comments

• goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2002
    Options
    i dont know but i have the 400i and it is awsome i dident make the same mistake of geting the smaller surounds i had to upgrade to the fx 500i from the 300 but i did get the 400i center it is a awsome speaker very big and heavy but it sounds great it matches my 800 just great the center is the most inportant speaker in the ht
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited April 2002
    Options
    With any front that can go down to about 60hz, I'd set to large. Whomever said that freq. below 100hz are omnidirectional (and therefore perceived as unimportant for imaging) was either on crack or in an anechoic chamber way too long. But I don't have the rt800i and am sure Polk has researched this. I just disagree out of principle.

I think the cs400i will make a bigger difference if you like to watch movies loud. It all depends on your preference. Go to CC and listen to the two at a distance and volume you're looking to achieve. I'm not saying that the only difference is when played loud though. Law of diminishing returns.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited April 2002
    Options
    reidbubba - welcome to the forum...:D

i have the 800's paired with a cs400 up front, and i run my 800's set to small. i have tried both large and small, and i prefer setting them to small, and letting the HSU's handle the bass helps clear up the 800's presentation. as for the 400, IMO it's a whole other world from the 245. i definitely think you would find the uprgade worth your money spent...