How is Canare Cables

gprabu
gprabu Posts: 106
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Anyboidy have used the Canare and Benton Combination. I saw there in the Ebay and want to try these. If any body have used it before, please share ur experience here.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited August 2001
    The HAVE, CANARE TRUE 75ohm Digital Cables are very highly regarded in audio circles. Even "Stereophile" gives them high marks, which is a bit out of charactor for them seeing as how the cables are VERY affordable.

Do I like the cables, yes.
    I use an original HAVE ,CANARE cable (now the DigiFlex Gold I) on my secondary HS, and a newer DigiFlex +Plus on my main HS.

Do I use either with a Benton cable, no.
    The original cable is being used with an AQ-Digital Z, and the DigiFlex +Plus is being used with a Tara Labs RSC Master Gen 2.

For under fifty dollars you can buy a new 1.0 meter length of new, DigiFlex Gold I. The original HAVE, CANARE cables you can find being sold used for twenty five dollars. IMO and others, They will blow away Toslinks, most all other inexpensive coaxial cables, best a lot of cables costing three to four times as much and give the others a good run for their money.
    Very good bang for the buck!!!
  • gprabu
    gprabu Posts: 106
    edited August 2001
    Hi Bob,
    Thanks a lot for the response, i bought it, and you are right these things are good!