AI-1 usage

Options
tugboat
tugboat Posts: 393
edited July 2005 in Vintage Speakers
I've been enjoying my 1.2 TLs for more than a year now, but have a question about the interconnect cable. I'm using a Denon 5803A to drive them (Denon claims the wattage is 200 RMS based on the ohm specs). This is more than enough for me and since it is a common ground unit, the AI-1 is not needed. That is the only cable I have and am wondering if it affects the SDA effect when used with a common ground amp.

Thanks
Driver carries only 20 dollars in ammunition

Pedestrians have the right of way, unless they are in the way
Post edited by tugboat on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2005
    Options
    No, it doesn't matter what you have connected.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Like Mark says.
  • tugboat
    tugboat Posts: 393
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Good to know. I've been reading this forum since I got them (posted a few times in the beginning) and sometimes felt guilty having an AI-1 when I don't really need it and others are trying to get their hands on one. I was going to offer to trade it for a standard one (to help out another), but now that I know it's not an issue with a common ground amp I'm gonna keep it. I can't seem to keep from upgrading, so I just might need it if I go to mono amps. :)

Thanks!
    Driver carries only 20 dollars in ammunition

Pedestrians have the right of way, unless they are in the way