crs+ and adcom GFA-545 II

Options
egp823
egp823 Posts: 74
edited July 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Have the opportunity to purchase an adcom gfa 545 II. Would this be a match for my CRS+? Thanks for any advise
Post edited by egp823 on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited July 2005
    Options
    What are you currently using for power? How much is the Adcom? It would be a very nice match if the $$ is right. What pre will you be using it with?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • egp823
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Was using a yamaha m70 with a C4 preamp but am having a transformer problem with my M70 ? The adcom selling for $200. Also saw a yamaha m85 and a C85 selling for equivalent of $300 Which is better? tks for any advise.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I used to sell both back in the day and always preferred the Adcom. At $200 that's a fair price if it's in good shape. IMO, go for the Adcom. I've had my 545 since new in '86 and it has never given one bit of trouble. Never felt the need to upgrade to something newer or more powerful. I really like these 'older' Adcom amps, personally.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • egp823
    edited July 2005
    Options
    tks for advise .