1.2 TL identification help

analog97
analog97 Posts: 328
edited July 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hi. I am only really familiar with the Polk SDA 1B. I am going to look at a pair of 1.2 TL's. Could someone be kind enough to help me identify these speakers as claimed? As I understand it, these were the last 1.2's made by Polk and therefore it seems likely they are better than earlier versions, but I am no expert. I just love the sound of the SDA 1B's and can only IMAGINE how good these are!! Thanks for any tips on this pending purchase.
Post edited by analog97 on

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited July 2005

IIRC, the 'tl' could be part of the serial number, but I'm not sure.

Check this thread for details.

I don't know anything more to tell you.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited July 2005
    Not sue how fool proof that is, 1.2TL has SL3000 which is very different from the silver dome SL2000. T\If they don't have SL2000, then there is a good chance that they are 1.2TL unless they are all replaced by the silk dome which is not a bad thing either.

-fredv-
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited July 2005
    without pulling out the drivers there are a few clues:

1. clearly the 3000 tweeters is the first clue.
    2. the 9 bolt pattern on the crossover panel (4 top, 4 bottom, 1 center screw) is the second.
    3. pin/blade sda connection

-Luc