RT35i and RT55i

Options
emcrites
emcrites Posts: 29
edited July 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Anybody know the tweeters moniker in these speakers? SL-65XX? Blew a crossover in my RT35 and I guess I'll need to update them both to RT35i parts. Will tweeters from RT200p's work? They're SL-6506's. Thanks.
Post edited by emcrites on

Comments

• aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Hi Emcrites.
    Welcome to the forums.

You might want to post this question in the "Troubleshooting" thread- or you can click directly on the moderator of that thread and send them a PM in reference to your problem. Kenneth is really good.

Best,
    Andrew H.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2005
    Options
    The original tweeter is part number BD0125-W and has been replaced by part number RD6514-3 which is a soft dome tweeter. The tri-lams are no longer available from Polk.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2005
    Options
    You can't get the trilams as a factory replacement any more, like shack said.

If you have a trashed set, you might be able to swap them out as long as the bezel fits.

If you get the new replacement, you might want to get two. The new ones sound different than the older ones.