cerwin vega AT-12

Options
Aqs612scag
Aqs612scag Posts: 102
edited October 2011 in Vintage Speakers
Hello
I was wondering of any of you guys can give me a little bit more information on this model, particularly the specs and the value.
Thanks
Post edited by Aqs612scag on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited June 2005
    Options
    i dont know about them, and i know of no major cerwin vega fans on this forum per say. i could be wrong. wait a while and see if anyone chimes in.

if you get no info, you might want to give the guys over at Audiokarma.org a shout. I know there are some cerwin vega fans there.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited June 2005
    Options
    They look like your typical Cerwin Vega club speakers from the 80's :)

http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photos/Stereo_Speakers/Cerwin__Vega_AT-12_Speakers_collage.jpg
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,748
    edited June 2005
    Options
    A friend of mine had a set of those. 80's vintage. I don't know the specs, but very sloppy bass and lots of it, and harsh highs.

In my opinion, great for parties, not for serious listening. No offense intended.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by WilliamM2
    A friend of mine had a set of those. 80's vintage. I don't know the specs, but very sloppy bass and lots of it, and harsh highs.

In my opinion, great for parties, not for serious listening. No offense intended.

+1
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2005
    Options
    As loud, obnoxious, and unrefined sounding as a speaker could possibly be.

Some of the WORST sounding, big name speakers out there.

Have your children build you a pair of speakers at Playskool. It'd be cheaper and the sonic results about the same as C-V.

More questions?

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,003
    edited July 2005
    Options
    LOL......
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Make a few laugh, make a few cry, make a few mad.

The truth can be harsh, and mean different things to different people.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2005
    Options
    The cabinets would make for nice kindling during the winter months, and the magnets could be used as paperweights or doorstops. I guess the cones could be used to make some drumheads for the kids.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by ohskigod
    i know of no major cerwin vega fans on this forum per say. i could be wrong.

lol. you can say that again.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Nothing some fancy interconnects couldn't spruce up.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Loud & Clear
    Nothing some fancy interconnects couldn't spruce up.

:D:p:D:p:D:p
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • pickel
    pickel Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You guys have your head so far up each others **** that you don't know dick about ****.
  • stormwind13
    stormwind13 Posts: 14
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have a pair of at-15's, Have had them a long long time. As far as rock out speakers go, there really is no equal in the price range. They are indeed lacking in the high end, but that's not really what they were designed to do. They were designed to play loud and hard, and they do it well.

A used pair of at-12's will fetch about 125 on craigslist, at-15's around 200.
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited October 2011
    Options
    pickel wrote: »
    You guys have your head so far up each others **** that you don't know dick about ****.

And you, sir, are obviously a gentleman and a scholar.

Dude, this thread's, like, uber old.
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • stormwind13
    stormwind13 Posts: 14
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wow, is it ever. Probably wouldn't have bothered if I had looked at the date.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Best necro-post EVER! I saw it in the list and thought, "When did I post about Cerwin Vegas?!"
    Ludicrous gibs!