MD POLKFEST 2005 - Information

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited October 2005 in Gatherings & Special Events
THIS EVENT IS COMPLETE - THANKS FOR LOOKING

MARYLAND POLKFEST 2005 - SEPTEMBER, 16th(1130-0500) & 17th(1130-0000)

It has been settled, the date is firm, but the details are still being discussed.

September 16th will be the Polk HQ tour w/ a catered picnic on-site. "The Kluge", Polk Audio's very talented in-house band may play for the attendees.

September 17th will be at my home, located in Damascus, MD. This is basically a BBQ and meet-n-greet with a handful of demo programs to hear and enjoy.

The event at my home will be smaller than the HQ tour, so if you do ANYTHING, schedule yourself for the Friday HQ Tour. We will have alot more planned for that location as it's more accomodating to large groups than my refrigerator box behind Weis supermarket ;)

Obviously the 12V/ Car Audio nuts are invited to attend, as they are integral to this forum existing and growing.

If you have comments to add or requests for information, please post them here. You may also contact me directly, but try not to kill me with PM's and Email's as I will post all related information IN THIS THREAD.

Don't miss this golden opportunity to see Polk HQ, meet some REALLY REALLY nice people and get a peek at some really cool new stuff. hint hint ;)

This forum exists because of us being active, stand up and be counted Polkies.

See you in Maryland!

Regards,
Mark
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I'm going to try to make it, and I hope I can.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I'm definately in on the Saturday stuff. As for Friday, I'll do my best to schedule my projects around that date to keep it open. Clients don't always help though so that day is 50/50.

Thanks for opening the home! Also, you know what I have around here, let me know what you'd want me to pack up anything for your house invite.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2005
    Options
    This will be my last gathering, before going into retirement. I don't think my liver can handle another one as is. On that note, I will have a table setup, and be signing 8x10 glossys for all my fans.

I'll be there, I think Southwest Airlines just opened up a non-stop flight straight to Baltimore, the timing couldn't be better.

I'm Rick James, ****.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I'm IN.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I'm in as well......flying from Chicago shouldn't be too bad....(but I might still take the "Furthest Traveler" award for my Phoenix roots) ;)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I'm there, man.

I think the liver will be able to take another one... ;)

Hey, I just put a rig in the truck this year, does that mean I go both ways????

I'm Rick James' ****, ****...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Ill definitely be there represent'n (a little hip hop lingo there) the Car Audio side.

Gonna be a **** to make the Friday tho. Will have to take off Thursday and Friday without pay.

What the hell. Ive got 3 months to save up the dough. Be well worth it to see the Polk HQ!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Can I navigate to Maryland... hmmmm I'm real tempted.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Plane sounds good. maybe me and brett could sit next to eachother. :D Unfortunately I'll have to buy 2 tickets because I'm of the larger physique.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Probably the worst possible weekend for me:(. C'est la vie. Maybe stuff on my end will change.....

If not...y'all have fun!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited June 2005
    Options
    definitly count me in.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Friday / Saturday nothing going on Sunday? Not even at your house?

:)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• dorokusai
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Sunday is for recovery.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Doro, this couldn't have worked out better for me. I am on vacation the first 2 weeks in Sept. I was planning on coming down the first week, now I will simply change it to the 2nd week!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • disneyjoe7
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Sunday is for recovery.

Kool Kool baby Kool

BTW we (some) will need hotel info around you ok.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Sunday is for recovery.

Cornbread and iced tea will be the order of the day.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Looking forward to this. Thanks for enough lead time to work out flight arrangements.

I'm in!

DG
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I have been looking forward to this, count me in!
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I'll be there for the CA guys as well, with my truck. I just gotta step it up into high gear and sell my **** of to finish it all together. Just gotta make sure we keep this up somewhere so I remember...lol.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Big Daddy is in!! I will likely drive up the 95 corridor from southern Ga.

RT1
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I would LOVE to come and have a question. Will the guys flying in be flying into the Baltimore airport? Also, if I fly in can we meet up at the airport and all ride together? I'm still 24 and renting a car at my age requires paying fees and all that nonsense.

If this sounds like a feasable plan, can we get some information about when/where to meet up and all that good stuff? If someone is going to get a rental car I have no problem chipping in my share of the fees.

Thanks!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Why do you guys always schedule stuff when I just START school...jeez. The last HQ gathering was right when I started school...sadly I cant miss any school without falling terribly behind, so I guess I will be passing on this one...

But, for god sakes...take more pictures (that are documented on site) this time, I only have like 6-7 pics from the one I went to...but loads of memories...:D
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Why do you guys always schedule stuff when I just START school...jeez. The last HQ gathering was right when I started school...sadly I cant miss any school without falling terribly behind, so I guess I will be passing on this one...

But, for god sakes...take more pictures (that are documented on site) this time, I only have like 6-7 pics from the one I went to...but loads of memories...:D
    What kind of school? I'm sure theres a way you can get ahead....

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Cornbread and iced tea will be the order of the day.

Hair of the dog, son...
  • disneyjoe7
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by reeltrouble1
    Big Daddy is in!! I will likely drive up the 95 corridor from southern Ga.

RT1

You're driving? What is MD to me 18-20hrs :eek:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Yup. Ill be driving as well. Im in Chattanooga right on the GA/TN border and I guesstimate its 13-14 hours away.

*edit*
    I just plugged it in to Mapquest. From Chattanooga to Baltimore is 626 miles and should take 10 hours and 9 minutes!

Mapquest is an invaluable resource!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • disneyjoe7
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Driving time 18hr 47min. :eek: I say I'm flying in or nothing, renting a car. Life is too short, kissing 40hrs away.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Yup. Ill be driving as well. Im in Chattanooga right on the GA/TN border and I guesstimate its 13-14 hours away.

*edit*
    I just plugged it in to Mapquest. From Chattanooga to Baltimore is 626 miles and should take 10 hours and 9 minutes!

I left Mark's at 10:00 AM....took the scenic route (didn't hit the interstate for 3 1/2 hours) and made it to my driveway in N. Knoxville by 7:00 PM with several sightseeing stops along the way. I've made it from my house to Warner Park in 1 1/2 hours. It is interstate the whole way if you choose to do so. You could make it from Shallowford Rd to Doro's in 8 1/2 to 9 hours pretty easy if you book it. It is an easy drive from Chattanooga.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Microsoft's Streets and Trips is a MUCH better system, and with the optional GPS unit, I have a 17" navi/dvd system for my car.... :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I will post more specific flight/ rental/ lodging information when I return from vacation.

I'll cover some places near Polk HQ, Baltimore(Inner Harbor), BWI Airport and of course near Damascus, MD. I cannot possibly cover everywhere so please keep that in mind. I will try and see about some group discount rates for a couple hotels, specifically near BWI airport. BWI is the best airport to utilize for this trip IMO. It's a newbie friendly airport with EASY access to the major routes of travel for the entire Baltimore/Washington area.

We also have a resident rental car guru that may be able to get some excellent deals for the ones in need of transportation and/or group transportation. I'll PM him and ask for details.

I will have some corporate discount codes included but cannot guarantee that they will work miracles.

I am about 45minutes from Polk HQ depending on driving style....that's my style, fast....so your mileage may vary.

Hmmmm....what else....well anyways, you get the idea. Don't worry, there will be enough information for you to get squared away far in advance of the actual date.

If there is anyone with special needs or consideration, contact me directly at dorokusai@comcast.net I don't forsee anything that would be a problem on this end, so please don't hesitate to contact me.

Mark
This discussion has been closed.