Musical Fidelity Cd Pre 24 FOR SALE

pjdami
pjdami Posts: 1,894
edited June 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Musical Fidelity CD PRE 24

I have a very beautiful MF Cd Pre 24 for sale. I am the original owner and it was purchased approximately one year ago from a MF dealer.

This is a solid state analog preamp and cd player all in one unit. More information than I want to type here:

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/mf/en/Products/archive.jsp?pid=3319

Excellent reviews of this unique piece here:

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/mf/en/News/reviews.jsp?pid=3319

I will rate this piece as an 8/10 on an Audiogon scale due to age only (1 year old). Front face is clean as is the entire unit. Two barely visible hairline scratches on the top but they are very light surface scratches that don't penetrate the black paint.

Reason for sale is that I have too much gear. This is the best sounding SS preamp that I have owned. In my opinion it is a level higher than NAD, Rotel, and B&K gear that I have owned.

The cd unit shares many components (DAC, power supply, transport) as the famous MF Nu Vista cd player.

Please no PMs. If you want it post here. I know its a lot of dough; I thought I would offer up to the forum before going to Audiogon with it.

I have the remote, original box, and manual for the unit.
*** SOLD *** Well below current Audiogon pricing and used blue book value.

Paul
Post edited by pjdami on

Comments

• pjdami
    edited June 2005
    Picture of the top:
  • pjdami
    edited June 2005
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited June 2005
    Dude, people don't often spend that kinda coin around here... well not in the flea market anyways :D

Good luck though, looks nice
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • pjdami
    edited June 2005
    Also, if you want to take it to another level, I will sell the X10 V3 tube buffer stage that I used with the unit for $1175 as a package price.

This combo sounds awesome as a front end to a tube amp rig.

Paul
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2005
    Nice price Paul, WAY under market.

Buy with confidence, I've been buying/selling/swapping with Paul for years.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • pjdami
    edited June 2005
    I hear ya faster; there are some though. You just never know. Somebody might want it.
    Paul
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2005
    That's a very nice piece of gear, Paul! Just to have that piece sitting on a rack would be an eye candy! and I am sure it sounds great too. Good luck with the sale!

ps: Paul is as solid as one can be, as Russ said, buy with confidence, guys! (price is definitely below agon by quite a margin, especially for a MF).
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited June 2005
    Very nice high end gear at a fantastic price! Somebody grab these.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    edited June 2005
    Hell Jesse, you should nab it for the shop, you've been meaning get a good CDP out there anyway - two birds, one stone, that whole thing?

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    edited June 2005
    I'm happy enough with the Jolida cdp I put in there, besides that's too nice for the shop.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    edited June 2005
    Whatever, you are talking about putting a BAT amp in the shop!!!
  • F1nut
    edited June 2005
    Yeah, used and around 8 years old, same for the pre amp.

President of Club Polk

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited June 2005
    bump...heck of a deal on great gear.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2