where to buy black paint?

Comments

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,682
    I'm offended, but I still can't find any black paint.....

I got some...how much ya need? :)
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • VSAT88VSAT88 Posts: 490
    Why not make it? Burnt motor oil and white paint. Mix with Mama's blender. Oh no! Then Mama will be mad and offended, and still no Black paint! Hell, I would just use black gorilla tape instead.
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,715
    nbrowser wrote: »

I don't want YOUR Black Paint, I want my own.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,682

I don't want YOUR Black Paint, I want my own.

It will be yours once it's in your hands. I have gallon cans, both in flat and gloss and tons of rattle can in either. I'm also fairly certain I have metal flake black too...really shiny stuff!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,227
    VSAT88 wrote: »
    Why not make it? Burnt motor oil and white paint. Mix with Mama's blender. Oh no! Then Mama will be mad and offended, and still no Black paint! Hell, I would just use black gorilla tape instead.

Even the tape is a very dark grey. Electrical tape is the closet I found, and even that tends to turn a very oily dark brown over time. I still think it went down as part of a government conspiracy in the cargo holds of the Titanic.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
    Break open Sharpies??
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,696
    I love the smell of Sharpies in the morning!

(not to be confused with 'the smell of Shar Peis in the morning')
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

Doggone, now I am truly offend, the Shar Peas is my favorite dog.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,100

Your black paint probably won't stick...I'm sure there is a key ingredient that's not Ca approved
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    My Wife has the right idea! Why not use fingernail Polish!! It can be had for a dollar at the Walgreens!!
    My Wife has the right idea! Why not use fingernail Polish!! It can be had for a dollar at the Walgreens!!
    Good idea, but the durability is rather suspect.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,438

Not to mention the bottles are REALLY tiny...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t

Not to mention the bottles are REALLY tiny...

The journey is more important than the destination, grasshopper.
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

How about roofing tar, just us gas or vodka to cut it a bit and roll it on!
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,715
    Or drink the Vodka, and forget about the black paint altogether.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 3,823
    Yeah...I have this red door and ummm...
    hmm.. roofing tar cut with high-proof vodka might make an acceptable, MacGyver'd paint in a pinch. Something like gasoline would probably be a better thinner, though.

deronb1 wrote: »
    Yeah...I have this red door and ummm...

• notifiednotified Posts: 175
    How embarrassing for our species,since stainless steel or chrome plated would look better and last longer!
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 248
    Posting to be part of history.

My first visit to this thread. Couldn't sleep so I read it all. dale442 didn't know what he was stepping into.

(http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/170892/im-scared/p6)

Dale is like my city cousins when I was a kid in the 50's. My uncle would put his foot over a cow pod in pasture, and dare them to stomp his foot into it. They always lost.

Bought me some new screws as well as some were a bit tired. Home Depot, about 3 bucks and painted them black as they didn't have black. Nor did they have Phillips head.... that did make me sad :'(

Dale :)

dale442 wrote: »
    Must have missed that memo. Not a waste as they do look perdy now :D

txcoastal1 provided this thread:
    Here is the memo from 2005
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/29186/where-to-buy-black-paint/p1

73ng8dgyls3a.jpg
    hmmm.... I don't think you can get aftermarket Phillips heads for slot head screws any more. I could be wrong about that, though.

I will find a way to put a square peg in this round hole!!

• megasat16megasat16 Posts: 3,525
    I can't find black paint anywhere. Anyone knows how to make my own black paint?

I like DIY black paint recipe pls!
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone. :redface::biggrin:
    White lighting and burnt rubber off a pickup tire.. Werks grate. Jus mix er up air in one nem home Depot bukits Yer gonna ketch tha devil gettn em wire out their tho..
  • RicardoRicardo Posts: 10,464
    I found a can of dry black paint in my basement. Any interest????

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,172
    I'm sure it's a nice basement, Ricardo, but I can't say as I'm really interested in it ?

Good to see you back and stirring up trouble.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,394
    Could somebody please post something really offensive and thus put this thread out of its misery?
    Family Room, PS Audio PW Transport, DirectStream DAC; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 MKII Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps or CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 Preamp, AQ King Cobra RCAs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
    edited January 10
    Could somebody please post something really offensive and thus put this thread out of its misery?

Cables matter...

This thread will self-destruct in ten seconds.