FS: Audioquest cables

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,521
They all have a home now...;)
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    edited April 2005
    :eek:

My wife would kill me right now....and no delivery to Can..guess I'm safe !:cool:
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    PM returned.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    Still available.
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited April 2005
    Why do you want to get rid of them?
    What are you using now?

I am curious as I am thinking of buying some of these now.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    Just purchased some Kimber PBJ's and I want to stop chasing my tail.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2005
    thanks anyway steve but i already scored some cobalt cables....I'm sure someone else will take advantage of this sale though.
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    Ok. I should have read a little further down your thread. duh, I'm a little slow.

Did you ever find some speak cables?
  • Skynut
    edited April 2005
    I am supposed to get some tonight in a good deal.
    You know, a friend has a friend who knows this guy who can get me a great deal on all the cables I need.....new.
    I will find out later if it is too good to be true.
    I do not have any experience with Audioquest and am trying to figure out if they are worth buying.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    IMHO, if you have a slightly laid-back/nuetral system, or prefer an "up-front" dynamic sound, you'll like them. If your source leans to the bright side of nuetral, I wouldn't recommend the Copperheads. Both are extremely grain-free, with details in the Copperhead pushed at you a little more than w/Diamondback. To my ears the Copperhead has a slightly deeper soundstage. Neither show any signs of being overly sibilant.

This is what I have observed with them.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2005
    Nope, no speaker cable. I think for now I might just stick with my monster cable as scary as that sounds, then upgrade down the line.
  • Skynut
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by steveinaz
    IMHO, if you have a slightly laid-back/nuetral system, or prefer an "up-front" dynamic sound, you'll like them. If your source leans to the bright side of nuetral, I wouldn't recommend the Copperheads. Both are extremely grain-free, with details in the Copperhead pushed at you a little more than w/Diamondback. To my ears the Copperhead has a slightly deeper soundstage. Neither show any signs of being overly sibilant.

This is what I have observed with them.

I will be interested to see how they compare to the monsters they will replace. I kinda feel like I will be trying various cables as money becomes available to replace them. These will be the best cables I have owned so they will probably be here for a while.

What difference did you hear when you went to the Kimber PBJ's?

Any other cable suggestions?
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited April 2005
    Instead of going out and buying a lot of different cables to try, why not use the Cable Swap Program.

I haven't done this yet myself(can't do much with only a center channel speaker), but I'll probalby jump aboard once I get back in the groove.

PM dorokusai to see if you can join up.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    I've only listened to the Kimber's for about 4hrs, so it's too early to say anything definitively; having said that, the change is not substantial or earth shattering. The PBJ's seem to be a touch smoother in the treble, and a little more upper midrange presence, where the AQ tends to be a little lean. More on that after I get some hours on them.

Cables, like speakers, are highly subjective. I don't want to make specific recommendations as you may be looking for a different sound than I am.

The AQ, I believe, will be a marked improvement over the Monster's. I have owned M550i's in the past, and preferred the AQ to them. Keep in mind, this is my opinion.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited April 2005
    BTW, I'm not trying to take away your sale Steve.

I actually contemplated buying the cables myself so I could have something when my speaks do get here.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • Skynut
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by okiepolkie
    Instead of going out and buying a lot of different cables to try, why not use the Cable Swap Program.

I haven't done this yet myself(can't do much with only a center channel speaker), but I'll probalby jump aboard once I get back in the groove.

PM dorokusai to see if you can join up.

I did PM Doro and he has not replied yet. I was thinking I might not have enough posts yet or something like that.
    I am going to try these since I need to hook up the SACD/DVDA to the AVR so I can see how it sounds. I want to compare the seperate outputs to the optical.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    No problem. I agree that the cable swap program is a great way to get your feet wet with high-grade cables, on the cheap.

I would rather you buy them well informed, and be satisfied with the purchase.

I understand your concern, buy a set, if after 2 weeks you find you don't like them, return them to me in the same condition you received them. I'll refund you fully, however you pay to ship them back to me.

That's the best I can do bubba.
  • 2+2
    2+2 Posts: 546
    edited April 2005
    Steve is a great guy to buy from....stands behind his sales big time!!

Also my 2 cents: IMHO, I think it is worth it to have several different types of cables in the house as cables sound different depending on the components you connect with....so if you change your CD player, preamp, amp or whatever, you have to play with cables all over again! Also, mixing and matching cables can lead to better results than using a single type of cable through out IMHO. Of course, this doesnt apply if you are 100% happy with your system as so many of us are....;) ;)
    System 1: Martin Logan Vantage, Rotel RC 1070, B&K Reference 200.2, Music Hall DAC 15.2, Yamaha 2300

System 2: LSi15 w/db840, Marantz SR8400, Rotel 1080, RM6800 (C&S), Sony X2020ES

System 3: LSi7, Yamaha SW215, Music Hall Maven, Music Hall MMF CD25 w/627opamps

System 4: RTi100, Harman Kardon AVR 230, Panasonic DVD
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    Daniel,
    Now that you've had them for a little while, what's your opinion on the Copperheads?
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    Still available
  • Skynut
    edited April 2005
    I just ordered 4 pairs of the Diamondbacks and some Y connectors from the guy who knows somebody with a friend...
    I am supposed to get and pay for them tomorrow so we will see.
    i am going to be playing with them this weekend to see what I think.

Does half price sound good, I thought so.

More later.
    Sky
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    Prices reduced!
  • 2+2
    2+2 Posts: 546
    edited April 2005
    Hi Steve,

As far as sound, copperheads are the "best sounding" copper cables in my system #1...(compared to AR Pro II, Monster Ref 100, BJC adn IXOS entry level). Strengths include clarity, wide open sound, no harshness....weaknesses include incompatibility with certain amp designs, slight attenuation of the lower frequencies (as compared to my silver coated cables), and fragile feel...
    I will definitely be keeping the sets from you to use in various places....The solid core cables sound pretty good...enough that I want to investigate solid core speaker wire.....

Best,
    Daniel

Bump TTT.
    System 1: Martin Logan Vantage, Rotel RC 1070, B&K Reference 200.2, Music Hall DAC 15.2, Yamaha 2300

System 2: LSi15 w/db840, Marantz SR8400, Rotel 1080, RM6800 (C&S), Sony X2020ES

System 3: LSi7, Yamaha SW215, Music Hall Maven, Music Hall MMF CD25 w/627opamps

System 4: RTi100, Harman Kardon AVR 230, Panasonic DVD
  • Skynut
    edited April 2005
    Are they still available?
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    See post 1, yes.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2005
    I'll take the remaining 1.5m pair of Copperheads
  • steveinaz
    edited April 2005
    Ok. PM me your addy. I'll send you mine. They'll go out Monday via USPS. Thanks bud.

Still got a set of .5mtr Diamondback!!!
  • steveinaz
    edited May 2005
    Fella's, the cables shipped this morning--should have them Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. If you have any problems at all, let me know...

Thanks!
  • Skynut
    edited May 2005
    Thanks Steve, My mail lady usually picks up around noon so you should be covered by wed. also.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • Skynut
    edited May 2005
    Steve the cables arrived today in good shape. I can not wait to hear them.
    Please let me know when you get my check.
    Thanks again
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

Thanks for looking
  • steveinaz
    edited May 2005
    Ok, enjoy!