Wtb: F/x 1000

Options
2»

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Trey is into DefTech....thus he will recommend DefTech....c'mon Troy you know how it goes.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited May 2005
    Options
    ;)

Another pair would be the RT FX (I think thats it) That was released after the SRT surrounds with dual 5.25" midbasses and two 1" tweeters...

Heck. any surrounds would work... unless he listens to alot of multi-channel music, it dosnt matter...

Axiom - Metal Domes, Mirage - Metal Domes - all would have similar sounds...

Def Tech Bipolar Surrounds (Can be found used cheap) - http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers/surround/surround.html#bpvx

Axiom Bipolar speakers -
    http://www.axiomaudio.com/qs8_main.html

Athena Bipolar Speakers -
    http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=ATHASR1&product_name=Bi-Pole%20Surround%20Sound%20Speaker

Just a few of the ones that would probally meet his needs...

The Athena really strikes a chord with me, it has 3 midbasses in it... would knock out alot of sound to fill out the rear soundstage...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Trey is into DefTech....thus he will recommend DefTech....c'mon Troy you know how it goes.

Oh, I know, and if he digs them, cool. However, before offering suggestions, think about what is being asked. Other than that we should just be blurting out random things at EVERY post.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Troy...

I understand what is being asked. And I said - "At the risk of mismatching" -

He wants bigger surrounds, surrounds that can better fill in his room, I gave him a suggestion of bigger surrounds. I doubt he could tell the difference of voice matched surrounds during a movie...as per my experience anyways...

There are plenty of surrounds out there like the FX1000... not hard to find if you just look...

So what? DT offers a speaker EXACTLY like the FX1000, and it hits 10hz lower. You got a problem with it? I don't, and infact...would be similar to the FX1000 in sound traits. The also offers 4.25" dual midbass surrounds, 5.25" midbass surrounds, AND dual 6.5" midbass surrounds with dual 6.5" subs...

Polk left the big center and surround market a long time ago. But that dosnt mean other companies have to.

The Polk RT FX has dua; 5.25" midbasses with a tri-lam tweeter I believe. (Or it might be a polymer from the RT series)...

The LSiFX might match as well...not match, but better suited for his room.

He wants bigger surrounds with two midbasses per side. I recomended a pair that i know has them.

Also, Mirage has tons of bipolar towers, and omni-polar surround speakers...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited May 2005
    Options
    well in that case, if he wanted towers as you suggested, he could get polk towers, have the dual drivers and larger size and still match. Right?

I mean, true the surrounds may not be critical, but for al intent and purpose some people prefer to stick with the same company in a HT anyways when they are still readily available,. ie: rt600, rt800 and so on... IF he wanted towers as surrounds. I still say, towers are for mains, and surrounds are for surrounds.. The sound is supposed to appear to surround you, and at couch level as a tower would be, it just doesnt "surround" you like speakers on the wall IMO.. :)
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited May 2005
    Options
    I think that the easiest thing would be for someone that has a pair of 1000's to do the "ClubPolk brotherhood offer" of only $1500-$1800 and give up his pair so that a newbie can see what we are "made of" here at CP.:D :D

Now, do the right thing and hook a brother up guys.

DG
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • VR3
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Is is true, I did recomend towers first time around...

My last two posts have been strictly BIPOLAR SURROUNDS**

Here is all of DT's Bipolar surrounds

http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers/surround/surround.html

They have from small 4.25" midbasses (dual) to 6.5" dual midbasses and 6.5" dual subs... The BPX has 4 5.5" midbasses per speaker as well...

All of them can be found cheap, and all would be suitable for the RT line up and the LSi line up if you wanted bigger surrounds.

The towers I recomended are also different from the ones you recomended. They are, infact bipolar, front and rear drivers. The ones you recomended are DR and would be basically what he has no without the wide-soundstage in the back.

Another thing, the ones I recomended are ALOT smaller as well, as in 32-33" tall... they wouldnt be hard to mount on the wall either, wouldnt take much at all.

Also, the Athena surrounds I posted about above seem pretty good, with 3 5.5" midbasses and dual 1" tweets - but they are silver and wouldnt match the RT to well...

And while I'm at it...lol

You can't beat full range surrounds... 80hz crossovers just cant compare :)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2005
    Options
    YAWN
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • faster100
    edited May 2005
    Options
    edzachry
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • VR3
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Glad I could get both of your brain capacities summed up in 2 posts...

Cant say I expected more :rolleyes:
  • faster100
    edited May 2005
    Options
    ease up there trim i mean trey, you didnt expect more? LOL

you push what ever product you have, its not in the best interest of the poster "all" the time. to just reccomend what you or me or anyone has at that particular time. I think though we have all let him know what we think, They are hard to find, very pricey and their are other options available in the same line.. he can do what he chooses at this point..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • VR3
    edited May 2005
    Options
    I didn't just recomend DT...

Jeez, you people only take one thing I post and amplify it by 100%...

I recomended 4 or 5 speakers from 4 or 5 brands...

I only can post more about DT because I know more about them than say Athena, Axiom, Mirage, etc...

I also thrown in the Polk LSiFX, RT FX as some that could work...

I post what I know, and unfortunately, the two brands I'm "schooled" on is DT and Polk, and thats it, the rest I just know as a product to recomend, no real basis as to what they are.

Hell, I even took the time to research other brands and post links to the products...

Paradigm may be another brand to look into, although I am not familar with their product line.
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Trey.....your just fair game bud.:D
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Nobody would want mine. I drilled holes in the back for an Omnimount bracket.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited May 2005
    Options
    f/x 1000.

you do realize that if those things fall off the wall and you're in range then you're a dead man.

lol.

fx/300/ fx i3's all the way.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • VR3
    edited May 2005
    Options
    A dead man eh?

I SLEPT below these! ;)