Big Thank You SDA'S in the house

jtgranby
jtgranby Posts: 887
edited May 2005 in Vintage Speakers
These speakers are incredible. Big thanks to Mark (doro). I will thank Mike in another thread for the amp. My god these things bring new life to my house. SDA effect instruments coming from different parts of the room. I have them running off a denon 884 avr at present.I need to obtain a pre-amp and then I will hook up amp. Mark went above the call of duty,replaced with upgraded tweerers. How's your back Mark? He was even very patient with my 2 sons with there 8 million questions. Mark is a class act.
The 2.3tl's are here to stay forever!!!!

Thanks
Jim

Ps: Thanks Jesse for all the great advice.
Post edited by jtgranby on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2005
    Congrats!

Happy to have another junkie around.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited April 2005
    Welcome to the world of higher fidelity.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2005
    It was great to meet Jim and his kids. It's always good to pass on some SDA goodwill to a new listener. I know he will enjoy them for a long time.

Now what should I sell now....hmmmm

Hey, where's the pic?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2005
    That much kudos to Doro? Did you check your liquor cabinet after he left?;)
    And a hearty congrats on the purchase.
  • jtgranby
    edited April 2005
    Here hopefully is the pic.
  • F1nut
    edited April 2005
    Looking good, JT. Did you get that pre amp yet?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jtgranby
    edited April 2005
    I picked up a sony TA-E2000ESD. Too damn many options on that thing,don't know how I will keep it. Boy the 2.3 's sound great. Once I get some energy will reconfigure the room and post new pics. You have to come over and see the setup.

JT
  • F1nut
    edited April 2005
    Let's do it and we still need to grab some BBQ.

President of Club Polk

• BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited May 2005
    Congrates on the new speaks and welcome to SDA! Really nice looking setup!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2005
    Yeah baby, lookin' GOOD

BDT (of the 2.3tl Lovin' Dions)
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited May 2005
    Jim - Did you know you have a snake on your floor....you might want to catch that thing :)

If you need help on the setup of the Sony....I'm your man.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Jim - Did you know you have a snake on your floor....you might want to catch that thing :)

Actually, I believe that's what fell out his pants leg when he hooked the PS Audio amp up to his tape out. :D
  • F1nut
    edited May 2005
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

President of Club Polk

• jtgranby
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by BlueMDPicker
    Actually, I believe that's what fell out his pants leg when he hooked the PS Audio amp up to his tape out. :D

That's not all that came out!!!!!

JT
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited May 2005
    LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist that one. :p

It's all coming together nicely, Jim. You've got quite a brain trust there close by to help you master the preamp setup. Enjoy!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2005
    Cool setup. Nothing like some new SDA's in the house! If Mark helped you set them up you can be assured it was done right.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D