WTB Super cheap LCD monitor

Options
madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited April 2005 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Does anyone have an LCD monitor they would like to get rid of super cheap? It has to be useable but can have some stuck pixels or whatever.
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited April 2005
    Options
    where you goin' with this? If you're thinking about making a DIY projector, I have an old sharp QA-???? [?12 something?] overhead panel I was just thinking I wanted to unload.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • madmax
    edited April 2005
    Options
    My backup CRT died and I don't want to spend much. Just hoping someone has an LCD laying around that they have no need for. A 17" would be preferred.
    madmax

• unc2701
    unc2701 Posts: 3,587
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Ahhh. Sorry, nothing here.
    Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
    Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
    Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
    Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
  • madmax
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I was hoping maybe someone wants to upgrade to a larger one or whatever and would like to ditch what they have. Thanks for the offer though!
    madmax

• madmax
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Thats a good price for a new one. I'm looking for something used closer to $100 shipped.
    madmax

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I have a Dell 15 inch that I could possibly let go for $100 plus shipping, in excellent condition.

I know it's a bit smaller than you wanted, but remember with LCD there is not actual vs viewable sizes like there is with CRT, so this is 15 inches, and all 15 viewable...would be equivalent to a 17 inch CRT, which would usually have 15.x viewable or so...

I don't know the model number off hand, but could look when I get home if you're interested. Also, this is 'technically' my wife's monitor, and I doubt she'd mind an upgrade...but I'd have to check anyway only because it was a present...
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited April 2005
    Options
    madmax,

I have two 17" CRT monitors, both in excellent shape, one a Compaq - the other a Gateway. If you can use a CRT, your pick of the litter is free.

Mike

Edit: The Compaq is an S710, Gateway an EV700
  • madmax
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by BlueMDPicker
    madmax,

I have two 17" CRT monitors, both in excellent shape, one a Compaq - the other a Gateway. If you can use a CRT, your pick of the litter is free.

Mike

Edit: The Compaq is an S710, Gateway an EV700

Thanks Mike!

Let me search a few more days. The Compaq certainly looks like it would do what I need but if I can find an LCD really cheap I would rather do that. I've noticed lately I'm a little sensitive to the CRT's.

madmax

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Max, I got the go to sell the Dell, if you want it. Its a Dell E151fpb. They go for $75 (for ones with some issues) to $150 (for 'like new') plus $30 shipping typically. Mine is closer to the like new side...not any marks that I can see...still original box and all that.

I saw your requirement of $100 shipped and would be willing to do that. I was going to sell it on Ebay anyway, but I'd be willing to take a bit less for it just to avoid the hassle and to help a fellow polkie out.

If you wanna pass no problem, just wanted to make the offer.
  • madmax
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Polkmaniac

I saw your requirement of $100 shipped and would be willing to do that. I was going to sell it on Ebay anyway, but I'd be willing to take a bit less for it just to avoid the hassle and to help a fellow polkie out.

Sold!

I'll send you a PM.

madmax