sda 1a in walnut

Options
W WALDECKER
W WALDECKER Posts: 900
edited April 2005 in Vintage Speakers
how much shoud i be willing to pay? how many drivers do they have? the owner claims that they work flawlessly how high are they on the food chain as far as sda.s go? do they have desireable tweeters? or should i look for a different model? any help would be greatly apreciated
Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
.Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
Post edited by W WALDECKER on

Comments

• michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I too am curious of this because I have someone willing to sell me theirs for $600 cdn plus shipping (would be about 750 after I think). They are not sure whether they are sda 1a's or 1b's because the plate on the back is missing since they were bought as a clearance item. Are sda 1a's the same as sda 1's?

W WALDECKER check out polksda.com/ for info on vintage polks. It's made by a person on club polk and has lots of ebay listings and stuff.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited April 2005
    Options
    The 1A's have four mid drivers, one 12 inch PR and two SL2000 tweeters mounted horizontally and one of them is used as part of the SDA effect which I have found very phasey. Your mileage may vary, but if it were me I'd pass.

The 1B's have the tweeters mounted vertically as a point source with no SDA effect and to my ears sound much better.

Prices for both are around $400.00 to $450.00.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited April 2005
    Options
    thanks for the info F1. I didn't know that on some models the tweeters were integrated into the whole sda effect. I'll probably pass on this deal then since after shipping it won't be the best deal to spend like 800 cdn on them...
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I paid 500.00 local for a pair of 1C's Oak.
    Life without music would