WTB: Amplifier(s)

Mazeroth
Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
edited March 2005 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Finishing up my line array speakers and will be using a Behringer DCX2496 for crossover duties. I will need four channels of amplification (bi-amping) so I'm in the market for an el-cheapo 4+ channel amp, or dual, identical stereo amps. This project has left me broke, so when funds become available I will probably switch to better amplification, but for the next year or so I'll need something to get by with.

Anyone?

Thanks! :D
Post edited by Mazeroth on

Comments

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2005
    what about that teac amp ppl were talkin about?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited March 2005
    A pair of amps are for sale right here, http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=27335

The Bluebook is wrong about the value of these amps as they are the same as the TA-N 55ES except that they have the voltage option. Bridgable to 300 wpc at 8 ohms. His asking price of $425.00 for the pair is right.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mesquitehead
    mesquitehead Posts: 312
    edited March 2005
    It is rated at 200 wpc and very good bang for the buck $175 plus shipping costs. I also have a nikko alpha 130...think it is 125 wpc for 150 plus shipping. Both work great and are hi-end / lo-price amps, I upgraded to a parasound HCA-2205 and an Outlaw 950 so these guys just sittin' here getting dusty. I will make a deal of $300 plus shipping on both. They are in good cosmetic shape for 20 year old amps..I seem to remember the power button lamp being out on the yamaha and a cracked lug on one of the negative "b" speaker connections....which never bothered me cause I only hooked up one pair of speakers (sda's).
    "Thats great... but how does it sound"
    http://www.burginmcdaniel.com/

http://mixonline.com/gear/reviews/audio_burgin_mcdaniel_komit/

Yamaha RX-A820 (networked with wireless bridge), Carver M-1.0t, Carver TFM-35, Carver C-1, Polk SDA1c's (x2 pair), Polk RTA 8tl's, Polk RTA 11tl's, Polk Monitor 5, Polk CS 400, Polk PSW 650, Rega Planar 3, Sony DVPNC555ES SACD/DVD, Panny 65" Plasma, Roku

2007 Tundra 5.7 TRD DC
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Polk SR6500
    SI BM 12" subs
    Zed Gladius
    Zed Deuce
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited March 2005
    Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping something along the lines of $150 for something cheap, and what Airplay355 suggested makes sense. I also forgot (doh) I have a brand new Crown XLS402A amp in the basement, which has XLR on the back, so that would be perfect for the DCX2496 since it uses XLR to begin with. I think I'll try a T-Amp on the tweeters for starters and go from there.

Sorry to waste your time!
  • Kevinvb11
    Kevinvb11 Posts: 105
    edited March 2005
    Thanks for the reference Jesse. I sold them at audiogon yesterday. Not sure if you had any part in it but a little extra exposer never hurts.

Kevin