monitor 7b find

bikerboy
bikerboy Posts: 1,205
edited March 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hi Polkies,
I found a pair of monitor 7b speakers on craigslist.org
they are in ok shape and thought after seeing all the talk about how they are possibly the best 2ch speaker polk made I had to check them out. The peerless tweeter is much more listenable than the sl-2000 fish eye that is in my sda-2. So now I need to replace the tweeters in the sda with the new silk type. The listening room (living/kitchen) is large and the sda created a harmonic that made the bass too fat. I tried stuffing them with poly fill but then they lost their dynamics. So I thought to try a 7b and see if the harmonic went away and it did. Now better source equipment. The dodd pre amp looks good! Thanks for the great forum and all the great info.
Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
Post edited by bikerboy on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2005
    Woo Hoo! Enjoy!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2005
    nice going BB. THe 7B is a fave or mine too. very listenable.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: