SL2000 replacement tweeter

Options
heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,079
edited March 2005 in Vintage Speakers
After months of contemplating I finally purchased a pair of RD 0194-1 replacement tweets for my RTA-11t. The reason it took me so long to decide is I have seriously been considering a jump to Lsi-9's. But the 11's have given me flawless performance for almost 20 years and if the new tweet is as good as everyone says then I'll be content for awhile longer. If the damn things would break it would be easier to justify some Lsi's.

I really want the Lsi 15's but can only afford the 9's, plus I have a small room and sometimes the 11's overwhelm me in the listening position and I think the 9's would be a better fit than the 15's.

My room is long and rectangular. My system is on one of the long walls which is good for imaging, but I only sit about 5.0-5.5 feet accross from the speakers in the sweet spot. It gets loud very quick and I get some nasty room resonance at times. Slap echo and nodes are the biggest culprets.

I swear the system sounds better off-axis (less colored) or from another room. I have some real room problems that I haven't been able to fix.

Heiney9
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by heiney9 on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2005
    Options
    You will like the new tweets. Consider softening two connecting walls and your echo will go away. Maybe decoritive rugs or some foam hung on the walls?

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D