what model SDA ?

rmarquart
rmarquart Posts: 7
edited February 2005 in Vintage Speakers
HI,
i'm preparing to offer for sale a pair of polk SDA -- ? speakers which i bought
in 1990 and have never used ,so i'm a novice.i want to be sure i advertise the correct model.can some one help?
on the boxes:
top:polk audio - stereo/dimensional 2 SD2A
long side:stereo/dimensional 2B
short side:polk audio- studio black- SDA 2B
the interconnect cable has one flat and one round prong
the confusion is that the manual says SDA 2A but it sounds like a 2B from what i've read on the posts i'm a new member.

thank you,
richard marquart
Post edited by rmarquart on

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2005
    You bought SDA's.... and never used them?

:eek:

I would sell them on here, if I were you. I think they'd go pretty quick, regardless of whether they're A's or B's
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited February 2005
    They seem to be SDA-2B speakers based on the box lettering, buying them in 1990, and the interconnect cable. The manual for my 2Bs was also not updated from the older 2A manual.

To be accurate though, you need to say whether they are the SDA-2B Studio version or standard SDA-2Bs. The Studio version had a black ash vinyl cabinet top and sides. The standard version had real wood top and bottom caps and fabric covering the sides. There is a value difference between the two, with the Studio version being worth less.

Take some pictures and post in the flea market if you wish, but pick a price. Depending on condition, $250 to $350 is in the ballpark these days. Having the original boxes adds a little value.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by Emlyn
    To be accurate though, you need to say whether they are the SDA-2B Studio version or standard SDA-2Bs. The Studio version had a black ash vinyl cabinet top and sides.
    2B Studio was made in oak grained vinyl as well.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited February 2005
    welcome Richard.

do let us know when you are going to put them up for sale. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: