RTA 12c and RTA model 11 in Vancouver?

Options
krimney
krimney Posts: 44
edited February 2005 in Vintage Speakers
I'm going to be travelling from Calgary to Vancouver, BC on Feb 19th or thereabouts and I'd deliver these POLK to anyone interested.

There are pics of them on here somewhere or PM me and I can get you some. Think of it as free delivery.
So many speakers, so little time..
Post edited by krimney on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Up for a Vancover trip, db???
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • krimney
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Here are a few pics of the monitor 10. I was asked about them.
  • krimney
    edited February 2005
    Options
    here is a shot of the sides. The trip is a definate go, if I can get some takers on the 11 and 12c I'll bring the van, hell if you'll take at least one pair I'll bring em all and you can compare them side by side. You can't even do that at the dealer anymore(unless you have a Delorean with a flux capacitor)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Hey DB, you should hop on something here, otherwise stop complaining. Actually, any of you Washington State folks should be aware of these.

Krimney is a somewhat new Polkie, but a solid member in AK.

The Mon10's look nice and with the Peerless and taupe/gray surrounds, scream vintage Polk.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • krimney
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Some of you may wonder why I've got all these Polk and why am I selling them. My hobby/addiction is to "collect" vintage audio. Some guys lust after certain pieces, some guys certain brands, others are on a never ending quest for the perfect system.

I just like music and the hunt for the old gear. I have for the month of January alone made over 70 visits to local pawn shops, thrift stores and Goodwills. Over the past 4 yrs I have bought probably close to 200 pieces of vintage gear, I currently have over 100 speakers in my home and garage. I bought these Polk not to make a quick buck but because they were there. I'm sure I could have listed them on ebay and sold them at a profit, I could also have parted them out and made a profit. Why didn't I?? First I hate the thought of shipping them and 2nd, I'd rather see them stay complete and go to someone who WANTS a vintage Polk. These are not small speakers and since renovating the master bedroom , my SO will not allow me to store any more speakers in there, so I must make room. I do have others for sale but listing them here is probably pointless(unless someone is looking for a set of Q55 or Paradigm monitor 7 or any of the Sansui Sp line)

Speakers currently in my main system.... 1 pair of Realistic minimus 3.5(3 inch full range driver) and a pair of EST 8" subs(non powered). sound excellent for the money. Next week it might be a set of Mission, kef or Yamaha, never know.

As Dorokusai said I am very active on Audiokarma, so much that I've alrady booked my flights to attend their weekend audio fest in April. It's in Michigan and I'm in NW Canada!!!! Okay so I have no life...

Ken
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by krimney
    It's in Michigan and I'm in NW Canada!!!!
    Looking to warm up a little, eh? ;)

Don't think anyone is worried about dealing with you... just that you are a little remote.

I know you've posted prices on these before, but you may want to do so again here...

Where is dangerboy anyway???
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • krimney
    edited February 2005
    Options
    We've actually had a mild winter here, didn't get snow till Christmas, had a week of -40 weather a week ago but today it's about 60F. The snow has all melted and the ski hills are wondering where the season has gone. The east has been getting more dold and snow than us.

Dangerboy is in Washinton state somewhere. The monitor 10 were 200. the RTA 11 at 250 and the RTA 12c at 300. Prices were in US but witht he drop in the dollar and the need to make some space I'd look at those prices in CND funds. If someone wants all 3 pair....600 CND would do it.

I found a used tube amp yesterday I may pursue a bit so if anyone needs some SS power let me know. 150wpc Luxman and a 200wpc Sansui that I'd part with.