that one album......

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
You know that one album or track, whatever the just really makes your speaks shine? Man, I have just spent some time getting reaquainted with Boston's Third Stage......

I've always thought this to be my favorite Boston Album but listening to it through the DQ-10's with some serious juice...man, it's like hearing if for the first time. Of course, Wendi isn't home this evening so I can listen a little louder than usual but I got goose bumps listening to parts of it.....man it is cool.

Anyway, just thought I would share that with you all for no particular reason......

Troy
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Peter Gabriel - So

Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill

Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky

I know...old stuff...but I like it!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I love "rediscovering" older stuff.

THIRD STAGE, except for a little wimpiness, is really tremendous stuff. Awesome production and technology trumps wimpiness.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    Options
    That was great stuff live to be sure.....My big **** with Boston albums is the drum tracks, they are pretty weak. Tom Scholz and Brad Delp, however, rule the earth.

A Boston live album would be soooo sweet.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2002
    Options
    IF you have the system to push it, Stevie Ray Vaughan's - Tin Pan Alley from Couldn't Stand The Weather is a real cool song, This song takes a system with real balls to play loud and clean, the bass line will bring the ceiling down.

The album that really takes me back would have to be Robbie Robertson's self titled album, it has some timeless song's.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Hey, shack, 'Can't Buy a Thrill' is my favorite Steely Dan album, it's nice to see it get some well deserved mention.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2002
    Options
    The opening of the first track on "Can't Buy a Thrill" (Do It Again) has been my demo for almost 30 years and it is still good today!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited February 2002
    Options
    When I'm home alone and the upstairs tenants are gone my favorite (loud) tunes are:

The B52s - Planet Claire
    ELP - Toccata
    Moby - Verb: That's What's Happening
    Zappa - The Gumbo Variations
    JayDees - Detroit Hustle

I know you said 1, but that's too difficult
    Make it Funky! :)
  • raycomics
    raycomics Posts: 78
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Grand Funk Railroad - "The Railroad" (American Band)

Kansas - "Carry On My Wayward Son" (Leftoverture)

Jimi Hendrix - "Pali Gap" (Rainbow Bridge)

Jimi Hendrix - "Machine Gun" (Band of Gypsys)

Jimi Hendrix - "All Along The Watchtower/1983...(A Mermaid I should Turn To Be)/Crosstown Traffic/Burning The Midnight Lamp/Voodoo Chile" (Electric Ladyland)

Deep Purple - "Highway Star/Smoke On The Water"/Strange Kind Of Women/Space Truckin" (Made In Japan)

Mountain - "Mississippi Queen/Nantucket Sleighride/Theme From an Imaginary Western/Crossraoder" (the Best Of Mountain)

The Brothers Johnson - "Thunder Thumbs and Lightning Licks/The Land Of Ladies" (Look Out For #1)

Black Sabbath - "Snowblind" (Vol 4)

Humble Pie - "Stone Cold Fever/ I Don't Need No Doctor" (Performance - Rockin The Fillmore)

Pink Floyd - "Money" (Dark Side Of The Moon)

To name a few.............
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Good picks Ray!

Troy-I like ‘Cool the Engines’ on Third Stage, I like Boston-first album the best though.

Joe Satreoni the riffs on some of his albums are pretty amazing IMO.

Aerosmith-Toys in the Attic.

T REX-Electric Warrior.

Pink Floyd-The Wall.

ZZ Top-Eliminator.

The Beach Boys-Good Vibrations.
    Chris :)