Which tweeters are these?

2»

Comments

• PolkFreak
    PolkFreak Posts: 91
    edited December 2004
    Do you remember my post earlier about all of the tweeters being different sizes? Your SDA speakers only fit the SL1000 tweeter. Your crossovers are geared for the SL1000 tweeter as well.
    Polk does offer replacement SL1000 tweeters, but they are exactly the same as the ones you have in there and offer no sonic improvement. I was talking about replacing the SL2000 tweeters in my SDA 2A's with the new improved remake SL2000 tweeter that is made to fit in my cabinet. I think if I'm not mistaken the SL2000 tweeter is the only vintage tweeter that Polk redesigned with sonic improvements. So I hope my little rant earlier didn't make you think you could upgrade to a tweeter the doesn't even fit in your SDA speaker cabinets. Good luck!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2004
    does the peerless tweeter with the small hole in the middle. go by any other designation? ie: SL2500?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • PolkFreak
    PolkFreak Posts: 91
    edited December 2004
    Whoa Danger Boy, the peerless tweeter is WAY older than the SL2500 tweeter!!! The peerless tweeter is from the 1970's. It might of even went in the early first couple years of the 80's, but I'm not sure. Russman would know what years the peerless tweeter went to and from. The SL2500 tweeter came out at the end of the 80's. The SL2500 is totally different from the peerless.
    The SL2500 is liquid cooled and from some of the vintage literature on the Polk website it is said to be Dynamic balance. That was funny because I used to think the Dynamic balance technology came out in the early 90's for some reason.
  • Vegas Dave
    Vegas Dave Posts: 11
    edited December 2004
    The Peerless numbers are KO10DT/ DT 115

Can anybody tell me how they compare to the replacements from Polk?

http://www.speakercity.com/Peerless_files/dt115.shtml
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2004
    Dave - Are you from PA?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Vegas Dave
    Vegas Dave Posts: 11
    edited December 2004
    Arbutus and Reisterstown

I'LL BE BACH! :D