please ups damaged my reciver sugg

Options
jdog1
jdog1 Posts: 15
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
well i had a little trouble with my tx-ds777 so i go and ship it threw ups for service and the aut. service center is a only 150miles away. i take it in to ups's "MAIN OFFICE" and have them
inspected the package ..."yep it is packed good"
as she seals it up herself... i then proceed to take out $1000.00 insurance on the 777.
2 weeks later i get a call from service centersaying my 777 was delivered all to hell.
now i filed the claim ,,,it gets inspected and they say it wasn't :::quote::: packaged good enough,, i even told them it was inspected before shipping and they said "well it dosent matter"""

ok....when i shipped it it was,,,,now it isn't

i resimmitted the claim and they are trying to say it again......

what would you do in my place or im i just screwed?????

thanks for any recommendations
jaron

:(:(:confused::confused::confused::(:(
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Write a letter, and send it to someone higher up in their food chain. Tell them that if they don't take care of it, you will take them to court.
    Better yet, if you know a atty., have them draw it up.
    I have seen this happen with two people I know, and it took this step to get it resolved.

Shep
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Man that sounds like my luck. If you had insurance on it, I don't see the problem. They won't insur. a package until it is suitable for shipping and they know that. It wasn't packaged correctly is totall BS. Call all the way up the chain and **** * ***** ****.
    Good Luck!
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2002
    Options
    how did you pach the recever? if i would have sent it i would have packed it in the foam peanuts is that what you have done? or did you send it in your origonal box. i flantened all of my boxes. just so if i need to move them.
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Hi:

I had some speakers damaged by UPS a couple of years ago and didn't get much response until I notified the BBB on the internet and in about a month or so I had my money. Try it it works.

Gary
  • justpolkme
    justpolkme Posts: 18
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Great suggestion: Better Business Bureau and have an attorney draft a letter to the higher ups. I used to work Shipping/Receiving and dealt with UPS claims all the time. If your package was insured, there really isn't any issue. Call their 1800pickups number and ask to talk to the damage/claim dept. When you get through, ask for the boss. If he doesn't help, ask for his/her boss. Good luck
  • Eddie624
    Eddie624 Posts: 77
    edited February 2002
    Options
    I would use Fedex myself. I do a ton of shipping and fedex seems to be more friendly and helpful on shipping. I hope ups goes bankrupt and out of buisness. Well first i would read everything about there insurance policy. I know how they deliver and if u havent package that thing where u can throw it off a high building then odds are it will be damaged. Especially a nice semi heavy piece of equipment like that. Well i do hope u get your insurance claim from them **** UPS. Yes i really dislike to use UPS and will never do so again. Unfortunately my company uses them and does a lot of shipping and i always find boxes that have gouges out of the sides of them and such.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited February 2002
    Options
    when i got my onkyo 787 it said on the box that 2 people should move it i am prety sure
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Keep us posted on how everything goes.