Rti150 for Sale

Options
haimoc
haimoc Posts: 1,030
edited December 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I just got a pair of Lsi15 from Emlyn (Thanks, Emlyn). Now, I have a pair of Rti150 (9/10, Black) for sale ($500) or trade with a pair of Lsi9 (Ebony). Local only. Germantown, Maryland.
Post edited by haimoc on

Comments

• Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited December 2004
    Options
    ahh, so you're the ****.. I pm'ed him about those 15's 5 months ago.

j/k hope you enjoy them

I'm local but you can't have my 9's. Good luck finding a pair, they're a nice speaker.
  • haimoc
    edited December 2004
    Options
    :D

Yes, I am at the right time.. :D .. and enjoying the new speakers. I am thinking having a pair of surround Lsi9s to replace the current Fxi3s.. :)
  • haimoc
    edited December 2004
    Options
    No interest in the old Rti speakers anymore.... :o
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Well I'm interested.....but someone is staring over my shoulder shaking her head side to side and looking like this :mad:
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Haimoc - I live in Damascus, where you been hiding? I actually missed you by about 20 minutes that day....as I was enroute for a subwoofer swap.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • haimoc
    edited December 2004
    Options
    gshisme - I understand. Christmas is coming.. :o

dorokusai - are you the one who picked up the SUP from Emlyn? Great SUB.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Yes, we traded. I needed more, he needed less.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • haimoc
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I hope your neighbors don't complain.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I'm in a house, so what could they possibly say, haha. My neighbors are very nice actually.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    I'm in a house, so what could they possibly say, haha. My neighbors are very nice actually.
    My old neighbours called the cops the first time I watched LOTR:ROTK at reference with my new SVS PCU. I moved out shortly to another house. No complaints, so far but I did buy a house on a corner lot and the HT is facing the street. Things you have to do for great bass... :)

I have a pair of 150's for sale as well, local pickup from DFW. I was thinking of asking for $550 but I can't now, will depart for $500 or possibly trade for other AV stuff.
  • malikarshad
    malikarshad Posts: 527
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I had a hard time selling my Rti150. They went for $520 on audiogon and I was lucky enough somebody picked up locally. I had to wait about 2 months to sell this on audiogon
    Better try your luck at audiogon or ebay. I had no luck selling the Rti150 on this forum.

Speakers=>Salk Soundscape 8, Soundscape Center,Surrounds-Dali Rubicon LCR, Lsi7
    PreAmp, Amp => Marantz AV8801, ATI 6007 amp, Oppo HA-1 DAC
    Source => Sonore MicroRendu, Oppo BDP-103, Mede8er 600XD, Dune HD Smart D1, Synology DS1813+(16TB)
    Sub - JTR Captivator S2 (Dual 18")
    Power - Furman IT-Ref20i on dedicated 30Amp circuit with Furutech GTX-R outlet
    Screen=> JVC RS-45 projector Da-Lite HP 133" 2.35
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I agree w/malikarshad. The RT150 is big and heavy to ship, so it's hard to sell -- unless you can find a local buyer. Audiogon will give you more exposure. You might want to list it in your local newspaper also.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Man, I would LOVE to have these speakers. How would you say they sound? Is there a lot of bass to them with that many woofers?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited December 2004
    Options
    These have alot of bass, i tried them and almost sold my 70's in place of these, then came to my senses... they lack mid range and are total overkill if you have a nice sub.. be pretty good as 2 channel speakers... w/ no sub.. they are very deep, very heavy, and hard to move./. i sold mine in the glory days of these things for around 800 or 850, via e-bay shipped to CA from fla... yeah the shipping was high too... he was happy and arrived safely... i was shocked Ups didnt destroy them.. But these look awesome!! without a doubt.. but need tons of power. I shut down a few amps with these...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • haimoc
    edited December 2004
    Options
    To my ears, they sounds pretty good.. Clear and bright. Driving with a Denon receiver, they sound warmer and better (Compared to Pioneer). Personally, I would say I like the sound of Rti150s better than the new Rti12s for musics. Compare to Rti12, they are bit warmer. Bass tends to be a bit weaker than the Rti12s. In general, bass from Rti speakers are somewhat "boxy" to me.

On the other hand, like others had said, the these speakers're power hungry. So, a reasonable good receiver or power amp would make them standing out and perform pretty well in a home theater setup.

This is just a personal opinion. Anyone has any different opinion or comment, please feel free to add. Thanks.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2004
    Options
    This is one of those speakers that I'm probably going to want for the old/cool looking/mega bass factor later on, once I get settled into a high-paying job and a mansion with 13 audio dedicated rooms......lol

So, if ya can hold on to 'em for me for about 20 years.....lol..........wonder if there'll be any left by then........

Though, I think these speakers would be well-suited to my needs; I don't have a sub, like bass, and like stereo. However, I don't think I have enough amplification, and I know I don't have enough floor space for another pair.

Good luck!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • haimoc
    edited December 2004
    Options
    A local Polk fan is interested in the speakers and might go for them after the holiday (in mid January or so).

Currently, these speakers are still available. Anyone?

:cool: