Guess what....

mjmcg
mjmcg Posts: 102
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I got in touch with the pawn broker in WA, and guess who pawned Bob's amp.....yup, Mike goddam Anderson himself!!! Can you believe it?..The same guy who lied about sending Bob his amp is the same **** who pawned it!! If anyone out there can hlep put us onto his tail, please do so...this is so freaking wrong!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    man, that is effed up!
  • mjmcg
    edited February 2002
    not only has Mike Anderson packed up shop and blown town, but the only other place that would have any idea as to how to start tracking him down, Everett Audio Repair...blew town in the middle of the night about 6 months ago too! I have made several calls to the left coast asking questions. The more questions I ask, the worse things get. I have just contacted the Kirkland WA police dept to file a report about this whole thing. Trouble is, if they get their hands on the amp, they could tie it up forever pending an investigation that could never be closed due to this Anderson **** flying town. Tune in tomorrow......
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited February 2002
    i wonder how many units these guys scammed... a**holes!!! man, that **** just pisses me off!!!

i hope these fools get it in the end...

good luck man!
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited February 2002
    who bought the amp? i saw it was gone on a "buy it know".

scott:confused:
  • mjmcg
    edited February 2002
    No, the guy who has the amp right now has assured me the amp is going nowhere. Not until at least he gets assurance we're not the ones scamming him. The pawn broker disclosed to me that he paid $225 for the amp. If I have to I'll send him the goddamn 225 to get it back, then not worry about the cops confiscating it....
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    Better double check with that guy Mike. He never pulled the auction and now it says Potatohead bought it with buy it now. When I saw it on eBay I was tempted to use buy it now so it could not be bought by someone you didn't know. I figured it was not my place to make that decisions so I shot the email to ya and made the post here. I hope this guy who was selling it is true to his word it would suck to have found it and have it slip away.
    Since Bob sent it to this Anderson guy it is mail fraud as said before. It might be this pawn broker has been his front for many things like this. IMO When you get it back I would get in touch with whom ever he sent it with and get the feds involved too. One of the law inforcement deptments have to do their job, feds would be best IMO. Anyway if everyone or some are going to chip in I'm down. I just want to see Bob get his amp back. If you need something looked up or anything I can do, I'm home all day and could help.
    Chris :)
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited February 2002
    Mike,

The authorities may not need to keep the amp in evidence lockup. Some jurisdictions document and photograph the property and then immediately return it to its owner. That's how it works where I am...unless it's DRUG related.

Hopefully, officer friendly in WA can get Bob's amp back, catalog it, and send it back home. Otherwise, just stick with your original plan, which is a good one.

I glad Bob found his amp. I know how it feels to have something stolen and then see it staring back at you from a pawn shop shelf!:mad:
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2002
    I dunno if the USPS will be of any help. While it is mail fraud, generally unless it is a large sum, they won't get involved. We are going through this as some idiot stole some checks out of our mailbox, washed the ink of the checks and made them out to themsleves. Anyway, we went to the post office and they were not interested......

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • steve simmons
    steve simmons Posts: 64
    edited February 2002
    Chris:

Not sure about your info on the guys home address but unless you are positive that it is correct you may want to be careful posting it. I know that there are 4 other people in my local phone book that have the same name as me and I would not be real happy with someone getting me confused with one of them and then me getting barraged with hate email and/or phone calls. I understand the frustration level on this issue and have been following it with interest but just a word of caution.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2002
    There are 7 Michael Anderson's in my local phone book. Well, 6. One is Michael & Lillian.

"Mr Zappa, you have long hair. Are you a woman?"(interviewer)

"You have a wooden leg. Are you a table?"
    FZ
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited February 2002
    Yup your right Steve!
    Chris :)