7B Crossover Point?

Options
B3Nut
B3Nut Posts: 76
edited December 2004 in Vintage Speakers
I'm curious as to what the crossover point is in the 7B's...I'm noticing a "suckout" that sounds as if it's around 2K or so on dense rock material...sounds a little strange. Anybody ever mod the crossovers on these?

Thanks,

TP
Post edited by B3Nut on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2004
    Options
    I believe the high crossover point is 3kHz.

Hope that helps.
  • B3Nut
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Thanks...I'll check the tweeter phase too, I have no idea where these have been, so there's no telling whether or not they've been messed with. My 4's don't exhibit that suckout, and the midwoof is the same (MW6502). The caps on the xover on one of them (the one I replaced the binding post in) looked stock, I should have looked to see what the values were. Ah well...I'll pull the tweets off and looky at the phase when I get home...I'm already perplexing my wife with these as she was with me when I picked them up <whistle>... ;)

I like these, but this one issue is kinda bugging me, and I'm resolved to solving it by cracky... :D

TP
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Determination - gotta' love it! Let us know what you discover.
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Make sure the leads on the tweeter and woofer are on the right way. On 2nd order one way will sum pretty flat and the other way will have a huge suck out.
    Graham
  • B3Nut
    edited December 2004
    Options
    Weelp....they're connected as they should be. Since they're still floorbound as I have not yet found stands, my ears are above tweeter level when sitting on the couch in the sweet spot. It's much better with ear level below those tweets than above...now just to get some proper stands and I won't have to sit on the floor to listen, which elicits really strange looks and comments from my wife... :D

I warned her audiophiles were a wierd lot... ;)

TP