difference MW 6503 and 6510

egp823
egp823 Posts: 74
edited November 2004 in Vintage Speakers
What are the differences between these two drivers? Ordered replacements for the MW6510 and MW6503 were sent. Just curious if these are exactly the same. tks for any advise.
Post edited by egp823 on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2004
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2004
    Someone had to do it...

egp,
    I am sure there are some differences, but I'd bet they are subtle.

Polk collapsed their MW replacements down from 8 or so different models to 3. Economy move on their part to be sure, but if it meant ruining the enjoyment of 1000's of vintage Polk owners, I doubt it is a move they would have made. I am sure they provided you with the closest match out of the three they still stock.

If you want a full explanation, I suggest you call Ken S. of Polk Customer Service.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD