Options
2»

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by TAB
    I reglued the thin foam disc back to the PR using contact adhesive...........see attached photos for the before and after shots. As you can see, my pucker factor was greatly reduced. :-)
    Did not comment before, but what with the use of the term :pucker factor" I assume you are a golfer...

Nice looking job. Still letting it cure? Or have you fired it up?

What "contact adhesive" and any particular technique?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • TAB
    TAB Posts: 41
    edited November 2004
    Options
    My PR had more of a "pucker" problem than a "bubble" problem. :-)

I used your basic Wally World All Purpose Contact Adhesive........nothing special. I followed the directions.......applied thin coats on both pieces and let them set for 10 minutes or so. Placing the foam disc back on the PR was somewhat tricky, but once you start you're pretty much committed. I just started at one edge and worked my way to the other side making sure I didn't trap any air bubbles along the way. I didn't get it perfectly centered, but close enough for me. From observation, The directions said to let the glue cure for 12 hours before use, but I waited 24 hours before reinstalling the PR and have not used the speakers since. I think the thin foam disc is merely cosmetic. If I am not correct, would someone please tell me otherwise.
    [HOME THEATRE]
    35" SonyTrinitron
    Sony STR-DA90ESG (AVR)
    Carver TFM-55X (Amp for drivers)
    Carver TFM-55 (Amp for tweeters)
    Sony DVP-S530D (DVD)
    Sony CDP-302 (CD)
    Sony SLV-595HF (VHS 1)
    Sony SLV-678HF (VHS 2)
    Pioneer PL-L800 (Turntable)
    Sony TC-WR701ES (Twin Cass. Deck)
    Technics SH-8066 (EQ)
    POLK SDA SRS (Front)
    POLK Monitor 5B (Surr.)
    POLK CS-245 (Center)
    [2 CH]
    Carver C-5 (Preamp)
    Carver M-400t (Amp)
    Sony CDP-C85ES (CD)
    Technics SH-8055 (EQ)
    POLK SDA 1B
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited November 2004
    Options
    Your now depuckered puck is a weight of sorts. The thickness helps dial in the right frequency response and speed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk